>>>Whom Do I Belong To?
Sometimes I wonder
If there is a better species than me
But I found after so much search and hard work
Human being is the supreme
Whom I belong to……..
Then how I could do the deeds
Which can be done by the lower species.
I have the great responsibility and duty
To uplift the human dignity
As I belong to the same community.
How could I believe in those ideas
Where my humanism is wishfully lowered?
I could not bow down to any thing, to any one
The planets, the stars, the moon and the sun
All are suppose to serve the purpose of mine
I have the intellect
I have the language
I have the dream
All are the entities…supreme
So I belong to……..
Super human being.
To believe in this
Fits the things
Makes me high
Puts me on top
Explain the idea of humanism best
No other things than the human being is the greatest.
Whom I belong to….
So whom does God make his friend other than me?
For all these super speciality
I am the supreme
I belong to ….
Super human being.
Abdul Wahab's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (>>>Whom Do I Belong To? by Abdul Wahab )
Did you read them?
- After the Ice Storm, Deborah Eker
- extremely, lee fones
- Confessions of a Cat Lover, Deborah Eker
- Amelia, My Brother's Cat, Deborah Eker
- First Trimester, Donal Mahoney
- erotic terminology, lee fones
- The place of defeat, Terry Mitchison
- Father: Every Morning of His Life, Donal Mahoney
- Winter here الشتاء هنا, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Inference to All Our Years of Walk, N.K. Trevor
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- America the Beautiful, Katharine Lee Bates
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)