>>>Whom Do I Belong To?
Sometimes I wonder
If there is a better species than me
But I found after so much search and hard work
Human being is the supreme
Whom I belong to……..
Then how I could do the deeds
Which can be done by the lower species.
I have the great responsibility and duty
To uplift the human dignity
As I belong to the same community.
How could I believe in those ideas
Where my humanism is wishfully lowered?
I could not bow down to any thing, to any one
The planets, the stars, the moon and the sun
All are suppose to serve the purpose of mine
I have the intellect
I have the language
I have the dream
All are the entities…supreme
So I belong to……..
Super human being.
To believe in this
Fits the things
Makes me high
Puts me on top
Explain the idea of humanism best
No other things than the human being is the greatest.
Whom I belong to….
So whom does God make his friend other than me?
For all these super speciality
I am the supreme
I belong to ….
Super human being.
Abdul Wahab's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (>>>Whom Do I Belong To? by Abdul Wahab )
Did you read them?
- Paralysis Agitans, Steve Lang
- Think Me On That Train, Susan Lacovara
- Lovers, Tex T Sarnie
- The Big Picture, Tex T Sarnie
- You fill me, hasmukh amathalal
- I stashed my life, Aftab Alam
- the right self, RIC S. BASTASA
- Am I different?, gajanan mishra
- Drops on Earth, binod bastola
- On Her Bed She Lay, White Lily
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- 1914 V: The Soldier, Rupert Brooke
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Sonnet XVII, Pablo Neruda
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love .., Pablo Neruda
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
James Whitcomb Riley
(7 October 1849 - 22 July 1916)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
- Heather Burns
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(November 1, 1871 – June 5, 1900)