>>>Whom Do I Belong To?
Sometimes I wonder
If there is a better species than me
But I found after so much search and hard work
Human being is the supreme
Whom I belong to……..
Then how I could do the deeds
Which can be done by the lower species.
I have the great responsibility and duty
To uplift the human dignity
As I belong to the same community.
How could I believe in those ideas
Where my humanism is wishfully lowered?
I could not bow down to any thing, to any one
The planets, the stars, the moon and the sun
All are suppose to serve the purpose of mine
I have the intellect
I have the language
I have the dream
All are the entities…supreme
So I belong to……..
Super human being.
To believe in this
Fits the things
Makes me high
Puts me on top
Explain the idea of humanism best
No other things than the human being is the greatest.
Whom I belong to….
So whom does God make his friend other than me?
For all these super speciality
I am the supreme
I belong to ….
Super human being.
Abdul Wahab's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (>>>Whom Do I Belong To? by Abdul Wahab )
Did you read them?
- Gaza City, Nathalie Handal
- The safety., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Limerick-35, DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
- no more love story, The Princess is
- Illogical, Margaret Moran
- Want, The Princess is
- The Passing of the Lord, Translation of .., T (no first name) Wignesan
- Teleskof, Edward Kofi Louis
- Bearing With One Another, Edward Kofi Louis
- Danyell, Edward Kofi Louis
Poem of the Day
- Mid-Term Break, Seamus Heaney
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- avenues america, rwetewrt erwtwer
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- A Poison Tree, William Blake
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(April 13,1939 - August 30, 2013)
- Heather Burns
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)