Layer of Coatings!
Many painful memories, kept deep hidden down her heart,
Like a secret it lay deep down since years.
Many colors of happiness she painted on top of it, to make it beautiful!
Each time she gave a layer of coating,
Whenever it was trying to show the base color.
With a mask of smile, she laughed enjoying singing merrily,
And danced with others,
Never let the world know of it,
But today her coating got faded, started disappearing.
And base colors hidden behind it became visible to all.
Any way one or the other day, truth hidden was to come out.
But she think....
It was too early it came out,
As she wanted the autumns to shed, leaves for few more years,
For a few more could have left her old and grey,
It's still ok,
The time wanted to tell the stories untold.
Better late than never, to be on positive side.
It would have been buried along with her death so uncertain.
Then no one will recite the stories untold.
She has to coat again, to make her refresh.
No choice left to her.
She has to move on with same layer of coatings.
Life has tested her enough patience to all that she stood successful,
People are looking to be young, but
She is the one who would be happy when she is old and grey!
As then she can remove her coating and have a heart full laugh!
Just waiting for that shiny day!
Geetha Jayakumar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Layer of Coatings! by Geetha Jayakumar )
Did you read them?
- Blind, Blind, Naveed Khalid
- A ripple's life, Pradip Chattopadhyay
- What is this world of ours ماهذا العالم .., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Sinners الاثمون, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Touch-me-not, Naveed Khalid
- The Sword and the Plowshare, John F. McCullagh
- On the road a Recovery Poem, jeff newnham
- Sinners, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- An Image Of An Old House, Yohan Confectioner
- Autumn Equinox, Jacqueline Nash
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(3 March 1878 - 9 April 1917)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Heather Burns
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)