Justice Lacks in The Back of The Bus
Filled with hate,
Are the oppressors of segregation,
Prosecuting those of a difference,
The difference of a skin tone,
Discriminating for an asinine reason,
It really is;
To hate based on color,
Everyone has rights,
Everyone has the ability,
The ability to sit on a bus,
Eat at a restraint,
Go to school;
I mean really?
Is their money different?
Does the value of a dollar change just because it is in the possession of a black person?
The answer is no.
The value is still a dollar.
If a person got to a seat first,
They shouldn't have to get up just because they are black.
That's what is needed,
People respecting each other,
People coming together as one,
People caring for others.
These are the things that can help stop the deaths,
The deaths of kids,
And even adults.
Bringing peace to a world of hate.
That would change the way of life,
Put a different prospective in everybody's eyes.
Bailey Schatte's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Justice Lacks in The Back of The Bus by Bailey Schatte )
- ህድደን ዎርድስ - Hidden Words, Is It Poetry
- The blind man., richard harris
- Unbearably, Lilly Emery
- Across the courtyard, Jorge Rolon
- Why Must I Toil?, Monk E. Biz
- Stay Devoted, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- AUTUMN BRIDE, Rose Lu ( Bing hua )
- As Time Turns, Cathy Hodgson
- Suazo Nights, Eddie Morgan
- Juicy Lucy, I Salute Your vASStness!, Monk E. Biz