A Perfect World
This world was once perfect,
With only the kindest of people,
Caring for one another,
As if everyone were friends,
Until the sinners came.
Through the eyes of a sinner,
We would see,
And anarchy all around us.
Through the eyes of a saint,
We would see,
And tenderness within,
Every sinner's eyes.
Everyone is a saint,
But there will always be,
A coat of sin on every saint.
Every sinner has,
The brain of a saint,
The heart of a saint,
But a soul of a sinner.
So during the time of refreshing,
Every saint will lose their coat,
But every sinner will lose their soul,
Returning the world,
To the way it was,
When everything was perfect.
Bailey Schatte's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Perfect World by Bailey Schatte )
- Invocation of Rain, Nkwachukwu Ogbuagu
- Harness Racing (Poem), Doris Beaulieu
- Twinkle twinkle little star - 4, ramesh rai
- Light vs Smoke, Adele Bercich
- Just the beginning of that pretty Fall ف.., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- The Fulani and His Cattle, Nkwachukwu Ogbuagu
- LOVE, DRASHI SHAH
- LITTLE DREAM, DRASHI SHAH
- Together Alone, S. I. Rednow
- HOLDING HANDS.., DRASHI SHAH
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Death is Nothing at All, Henry Scott Holland
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Heather Burns
(3rd April 19sixty)
(17 June 1867 – 2 September 1922)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)