Never Get Too Attached
Never get to attached with someone in life
it always ends in
You give your heart away
Just for it to be
Ripped in half
And handed back to you.
The person you want most will never want you most.
The person you want the most will
And kill you if you let them.
Life is meant to be lived alone.
Or problems to deal with that way.
When you've hit rock bottom
You will realize everything I am saying is true.
But we all have to go through it before we can understand.
Some people don't live through it
They are the lucky ones.
If you continue to live
All you will ever think about
Is that moment you hit rock bottom
Because the one you wanted
And cared for the most
Is the one that you lost.
Bailey Schatte's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Never Get Too Attached by Bailey Schatte )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Rainbow, SALINI NAIR
- The Color Inside My World, Mikey Bachman
- Haiku #4, Eric Micha'el Leventhal
- My Ramdan, My Repentance, Ahamad Ilyaas Vilayathullah
- She in Desert, Akhtar Jawad
- A bucket of paint, Piyush Dey
- Value be given, gajanan mishra
- Egypt, Tony Adah
- A Tribute To Gray's Elegy, Naveed Khalid
- Nothing i can offer, binod bastola