Never Get Too Attached
Never get to attached with someone in life
it always ends in
You give your heart away
Just for it to be
Ripped in half
And handed back to you.
The person you want most will never want you most.
The person you want the most will
And kill you if you let them.
Life is meant to be lived alone.
Or problems to deal with that way.
When you've hit rock bottom
You will realize everything I am saying is true.
But we all have to go through it before we can understand.
Some people don't live through it
They are the lucky ones.
If you continue to live
All you will ever think about
Is that moment you hit rock bottom
Because the one you wanted
And cared for the most
Is the one that you lost.
Bailey Schatte's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Never Get Too Attached by Bailey Schatte )
- Oxford Stroud Recollects Fishing with El.., R. T. Smith
- mounement, Rathna nagaraja
- Messenger, R. T. Smith
- MORNINGS GARMENT, Shannon Strauss
- Cowgirl, R. T. Smith
- Confession in a Booth at the Hollow Log .., R. T. Smith
- A Local Doc, over Rocky Lunchtime Bourbo.., R. T. Smith
- Please Know, Michael McParland
- Pity Party of One -or- I Never Got His N.., Joseph James Breunig 3rd
- She, Divya Singh
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- A Thought, Robert Louis Stevenson
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- First Lesson, Philip Booth
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
- Heather Burns
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)