Never Get Too Attached
Never get to attached with someone in life
it always ends in
You give your heart away
Just for it to be
Ripped in half
And handed back to you.
The person you want most will never want you most.
The person you want the most will
And kill you if you let them.
Life is meant to be lived alone.
Or problems to deal with that way.
When you've hit rock bottom
You will realize everything I am saying is true.
But we all have to go through it before we can understand.
Some people don't live through it
They are the lucky ones.
If you continue to live
All you will ever think about
Is that moment you hit rock bottom
Because the one you wanted
And cared for the most
Is the one that you lost.
Bailey Schatte's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Never Get Too Attached by Bailey Schatte )
- Intermisión, Nathalie Handal
- The Single Christmas, Bob Fletcher
- Consolation, Aparna Chatterjee
- Lifeless, Aparna Chatterjee
- The Unnatural Apologie of Shadows, Nathalie Handal
- millions of pleasure...., veeraiyah subbulakshmi
- My Dear Sweet Kira, Michael McParland
- The Writing Competition!, Denis Martindale
- Daru Piyo, Talk To The Girl And Do Naxal.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Love and Strange Horses—Intima', Nathalie Handal
Poem of the Day
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Sonnet I, Sir John Suckling
- Death is Nothing at All, Henry Scott Holland
- Being With You, Heather Burns
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- A Poison Tree, William Blake
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Heather Burns
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(April 13,1939 - August 30, 2013)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)