LOVE_AND HATE_ Lyle Ashwyn Holland
'Just A Dream'
You've lost your dream girl?
You're lonely in your dream world_
You say she was your best_
You wanna get her back?
'Cause no one loved you like that_
Get over it... Take it from Me,
A dream is all she'll ever Be_
Probably thinking why should I care? ,
But on every corner you see her right there,
She's not even here,
But you see her quite clear_
Where ever your eyes glared.
And every sight at which you stared,
Made you sad...
And In your mind you heard all she said...
Saying 'Sorry my dear',
Squeezed your lungs in the tight air,
Every word had you quite scared,
But she was just a nightmare'_
You can't believe it. Although you knew,
People usually turn out too good to be true.
And too bad to be honest...
but ain't nothing new,
Let the young girl dream...
That's all you should do,
Let her dream! Let her dream!
Because in the real world, we have no clue.
So Find Someone else...
Make the Sacrifice!
& Don't make her your Dream.
Make her your LIFE!
Just someone for yourself...
If you don't. You'll pay the price!
Sad thing about it...
You don't have the Same dream TWICE!
LOVE_AND HATE_ Lyle Ashwyn Holland's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Whether you had something good or bad. Letting go is the best option....
Leave your past behind you,
So it doesn't ruin your future, trust me. Don't love when you're lonely, Love when you're ready.
Don't hold onto baggage.
You'll find something much better,
Although it may not be perfect,
it will be the best you ever had, and so worth!
But Don't pursue it like a dream,
for dreams are temporary.
Therefore the person in your life will be too if you treat them like one... Take your time, make it last as long as a fully lived life. so you can have a taste of forever...or something like it.
But you have to appreciate it, take good care of it like the person you love and nurture it as the person you are...
Protect it as the very life you live!
Because you might not get a second chance... Ever again!
Comments about this poem ('Just A Dream' by LOVE_AND HATE_ Lyle Ashwyn Holland )
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(2 July 1923 – 1 February 2012)
Winifred Emma May
(1907 - 1990)
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- The Saddest Poem, Pablo Neruda
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- A Fairytale, Apolynn Lagaras
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
- April Rain Song, Langston Hughes
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
Poem of the Day
- Cage, Sarvesh wahie
- You Keep The Sea, Naveed Akram
- There's nothing like dance, Yisel Chong
- No One Could Ever Understand, Thabang Rakimane
- You made me evil, Yisel Chong
- The time machine, Yisel Chong
- Blue-eyed boy Mr. Death for e.e. cummings, r james sterzinger
- Salvation Jane, vince gullaci
- A Girl Called Memory, Mashewa1 Nthele
- A Fairytale, Apolynn Lagaras