James the Just, the brother of Jesus
James the just, as they called him died around 62 AD.
He was the brother to Jesus Christ the risen King.
Known as the faithful praying man on his bent camel knees,
He earned respect.
By all that saw him.
He was a respectful character, and teacher.
He would make his pleas.
On his hardened prayer knees, he prayed.
Squatted as a camel in prayer,
James prayed for those that persecuted the teachings of Jesus Christ.
Those that felt threatened by the risen king.
He would become a martyr.
Sent by the scribes and Pharisees to renounce Jesus Christ, he announced the opposite.
Jesus Christ as the risen King.
He’s sitting on the right hand side of God the Father.
The scribes and Pharisees felt betrayed.
They wanted only revenge.
To scare the crowd,
To halt their faith,
And, pushed him off the temple parapet, where he lay awake.
Not feeling the shake.
Then, they stoned him and clubbed him in the head.
Leaving him for dead to rest in his grave’s bed.
Not knowing his last breath; was his first breath in Heaven.
This was the death and martyr of James the Just.
Patricia Kelley's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (James the Just, the brother of Jesus by Patricia Kelley )
- My Mother..., Taimane Fanene
- Ignoring Seasons, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Ephemera, Ian Nicholas McDowell
- Seeing light in Darkness, Aziz Akrish
- Mother! will I not be the saffron spot o.., Dr.V.K. Kanniappan
- A Virtual Life, Sandra Feldman
- Never Ending Dreams, Lilly Emery
- My Soul's Song, Matthew Densley
- No love, Barbara Dixion
- Music Is Life, Ray Hansell
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- The Raven, Edgar Allan Poe
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)