James the Just, the brother of Jesus
James the just, as they called him died around 62 AD.
He was the brother to Jesus Christ the risen King.
Known as the faithful praying man on his bent camel knees,
He earned respect.
By all that saw him.
He was a respectful character, and teacher.
He would make his pleas.
On his hardened prayer knees, he prayed.
Squatted as a camel in prayer,
James prayed for those that persecuted the teachings of Jesus Christ.
Those that felt threatened by the risen king.
He would become a martyr.
Sent by the scribes and Pharisees to renounce Jesus Christ, he announced the opposite.
Jesus Christ as the risen King.
He’s sitting on the right hand side of God the Father.
The scribes and Pharisees felt betrayed.
They wanted only revenge.
To scare the crowd,
To halt their faith,
And, pushed him off the temple parapet, where he lay awake.
Not feeling the shake.
Then, they stoned him and clubbed him in the head.
Leaving him for dead to rest in his grave’s bed.
Not knowing his last breath; was his first breath in Heaven.
This was the death and martyr of James the Just.
Patricia Kelley's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (James the Just, the brother of Jesus by Patricia Kelley )
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(January 6, 1883 – April 10, 1931)
Alfred Lord Tennyson
(6 August 1809 – 6 October 1892)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- The Saddest Poem, Pablo Neruda
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- A Little While, Dante Gabriel Rossetti
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Tiger, William Blake
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
Poem of the Day
- List Of Loneliness, Margaret Alice Second
- When I Was With My Father, Naveed Akram
- Sow Your Seeds, Naveed Akram
- we never cry, Cee Bea
- Recipe To Live, Asma Riaz Khan
- Mind Over Matter (Scream), Joseph Archer
- Jesus among Us, michael hagwood
- Winterpoesie, Johann Joseph Clahsen
- Love the Spine, V P Mahur
- Vergißmeinnicht, Johann Joseph Clahsen