In love there is no pride
It was not your beauty he admired,
But your personal being he desired.
With his words, he came,
Even though they where lame.
With courage, he told you his words,
But than, you thought he was wired.
You gave him a chance to see,
The beauty you have like the sea.
For a guy, like him, with no pride
Came to you, with a heart so wide.
And asked you to get on his ship
To build a new relationship.
With silence, you took back your hand
And refused to go with him to his land.
With confusion, he stood as a young man,
With pride, you walked away like a woman.
Musa Ndhlovu's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (In love there is no pride by Musa Ndhlovu )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- To My Daughters, Jason Callender
- Summer's Flowers, Joseph Narusiewicz
- All Those Ancient Trees Sorrounded Home, Albert Martin
- Rebel with a Cause, Deborah Dalton
- Shroud Of Smile, Rex mayor Ubini
- You, Jacob macharia
- नायहरदोँ आं गसंनानै, Ronjoy Brahma
- Until I See You Again, Lilly Emery
- Unloved Men Hate (and retards at the M.., Monk E. Biz
- Hope you won't Forget, Lore Me34