If the income of the husband is small..?
If the area and size of the lake is small; and
The incoming quantity of water is more,
It is natural the water overflows and wasted!
If the income of the husband is small; and
He cannot meet out the household expenses,
The wife will be talkative and abusive!
If good deeds you had done in previous birth
Is small and not helping others who are in need;
You get lot of difficulties vested on you in this life!
If your strength is small and you are weak,
It is difficult to manage in difficult situations,
You may have lot of enemies to fight!
Dr.V.K. Kanniappan's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
This poem is a translation of a Tamil Poem from NaanmaNikkatikai.
ஏரி சிறிதாயின் நீர்ஊரும்; இல்லத்து
வாரி சிறிதாயின் பெண் ஊரும்; மேலைத்
தவம் சிறிதாயின் வினைஊரும் - ஊரும்
உரன் சிறிதாயின் பகை.(பாடல்-99) நான்மணிக்கடிகை
Comments about this poem (If the income of the husband is small..? by Dr.V.K. Kanniappan )
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
Poem of the Day
- Love Note 17, Michael P. McParland
- Osho, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Many Third-Classers, Bijay Kant Dubey
- As A Man, I Hate The Fanatic The Most, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Bapu, In Your Memory, Bijay Kant Dubey
- The Mirth of William, James Merchant
- -Untitled- (2), Morgan Siegel
- The Short Ballad of Egg Boy, James Merchant
- Logic in Life, Jayatissa Liyanage
- - Lady Andrea on the meadowland, Giorgio A. V.