If the income of the husband is small..?
If the area and size of the lake is small; and
The incoming quantity of water is more,
It is natural the water overflows and wasted!
If the income of the husband is small; and
He cannot meet out the household expenses,
The wife will be talkative and abusive!
If good deeds you had done in previous birth
Is small and not helping others who are in need;
You get lot of difficulties vested on you in this life!
If your strength is small and you are weak,
It is difficult to manage in difficult situations,
You may have lot of enemies to fight!
Dr.V.K. Kanniappan's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
This poem is a translation of a Tamil Poem from NaanmaNikkatikai.
ஏரி சிறிதாயின் நீர்ஊரும்; இல்லத்து
வாரி சிறிதாயின் பெண் ஊரும்; மேலைத்
தவம் சிறிதாயின் வினைஊரும் - ஊரும்
உரன் சிறிதாயின் பகை.(பாடல்-99) நான்மணிக்கடிகை
Comments about this poem (If the income of the husband is small..? by Dr.V.K. Kanniappan )
- Enough is Enough!, Shaila Touchton
- For Boy George (The First Time I Saw You), Dave Alan Walker
- Acceptance, Barbara Dixion
- The Pendulum of Life, bryan wallace
- Sentiments Of Love, Louis Borgo
- Forever Free, courtney metcalf
- Rage Against the Machine, Amber Hardisty
- Out, Barbara Dixion
- Raindrop Ambitions, Ailill Ailill
- Child the Blossoming Bud, Kumarmani Mahakul
Poem of the Day
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(1644 - 1694)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
- Heather Burns
(1 February 1927)