If the income of the husband is small..?
If the area and size of the lake is small; and
The incoming quantity of water is more,
It is natural the water overflows and wasted!
If the income of the husband is small; and
He cannot meet out the household expenses,
The wife will be talkative and abusive!
If good deeds you had done in previous birth
Is small and not helping others who are in need;
You get lot of difficulties vested on you in this life!
If your strength is small and you are weak,
It is difficult to manage in difficult situations,
You may have lot of enemies to fight!
Dr.V.K. Kanniappan's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
This poem is a translation of a Tamil Poem from NaanmaNikkatikai.
ஏரி சிறிதாயின் நீர்ஊரும்; இல்லத்து
வாரி சிறிதாயின் பெண் ஊரும்; மேலைத்
தவம் சிறிதாயின் வினைஊரும் - ஊரும்
உரன் சிறிதாயின் பகை.(பாடல்-99) நான்மணிக்கடிகை
Comments about this poem (If the income of the husband is small..? by Dr.V.K. Kanniappan )
Did you read them?
- Hotel, Randy Resh
- I SLEEP FOR A FEW DREAMS, M.D Dinesh Nair
- I SLEEP FOR A DREAMS, M.D Dinesh Nair
- The Modern Indian English Poetess, Bijay Kant Dubey
- My Soul, Richard Bretton
- A Single Sentence…, Doyen Lingua
- Enviable Death, Doyen Lingua
- Awake, Michael McParland
- Rescue the Poor Eves!, Dr John Celes
- Extend hand at once, hasmukh amathalal
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Bluebird, Charles Bukowski
- Where The Mind Is Without Fear, Rabindranath Tagore
- A Fairy Song, William Shakespeare
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- A Farewell, William Wordsworth
- Bright Star, John Keats
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
- Heather Burns
(3rd April 19sixty)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)