If the income of the husband is small..?
If the area and size of the lake is small; and
The incoming quantity of water is more,
It is natural the water overflows and wasted!
If the income of the husband is small; and
He cannot meet out the household expenses,
The wife will be talkative and abusive!
If good deeds you had done in previous birth
Is small and not helping others who are in need;
You get lot of difficulties vested on you in this life!
If your strength is small and you are weak,
It is difficult to manage in difficult situations,
You may have lot of enemies to fight!
Dr.V.K. Kanniappan's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
This poem is a translation of a Tamil Poem from NaanmaNikkatikai.
ஏரி சிறிதாயின் நீர்ஊரும்; இல்லத்து
வாரி சிறிதாயின் பெண் ஊரும்; மேலைத்
தவம் சிறிதாயின் வினைஊரும் - ஊரும்
உரன் சிறிதாயின் பகை.(பாடல்-99) நான்மணிக்கடிகை
Comments about this poem (If the income of the husband is small..? by Dr.V.K. Kanniappan )
- Rosalinda, Edward Kofi Louis
- Losing Your Temper, Edward Kofi Louis
- Testing Memories, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- To Watch My Steps, Edward Kofi Louis
- Must Not Withdraw, Zulfiqar Ali Bhatti
- To blow the scent of flowers of friendsh.., Dr.V.K. Kanniappan
- Badagry, Edward Kofi Louis
- drawn to the mountain, Thomas Leathandrum
- To Reward You, Edward Kofi Louis
- Pysch notes chapter 2, imani halley
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Footsteps of Angels, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- Farewell, Anne Brontë
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Heather Burns
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
Percy Bysshe Shelley