I've got my life back, Or have I? ?
Sat deep in chair, in reverie,
Surrounded by daytime T.V.
At last, I feel that I am free,
From all the Boardroom rivalry.
Free from knives, and cold deceit,
That made my colleague, so replete.
I wiggle toes, in slippered feet,
And feel my life, is now complete.
I'm free to do just as I wish,
Play some golf, or even fish.
Join an 'over fifties' club,
Or spend my time, down at the pub.
Then, my wife walks through the door,
I know I've seen that 'look' before.
She stares at me with growing frown,
I slowly put the 'paper' down.
'Now you're here, there's things to do, '
'I need a lot of help, from you.'
'You need to fix the garden fence, '
'You'll do it now, if you have sense.'
'And, I've got a growing list, '
'Of all the things that you have missed.'
'I'll keep you busy, have no fear, '
'Enjoy retirement, my dear! '
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
A/N Lot's of men die within a few years of retirement...I wonder why? ?
Owain Glyn's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (I've got my life back, Or have I? ? by Owain Glyn )
- Blissful Atmosphere, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Going beyond death, see me, gajanan mishra
- Total Anticipation, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- opganda.com ≡오피뷰≡ 허니버터칩 '수원휴게텔대박'…'동탄휴게텔.., bkgfkvbkgfkv bkgfkv
- opganda.com ≡오피뷰≡ 허니버터칩 '강남오피대박'…'동탄휴게텔'.., bkgfkvbkgfkv bkgfkv
- Being with you means a lot!, Sumita Jetley
- Writing What I Mean, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- OPGANDA.COM≡오피뷰≡ 허니버터칩 '강남휴게텔대박'…'동탄휴게텔'.., bkgfkvbkgfkv bkgfkv
- On being Right, John F. McCullagh
- Popping Ideas, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns
(22 March 1941 -)