I've got my life back, Or have I? ?
Sat deep in chair, in reverie,
Surrounded by daytime T.V.
At last, I feel that I am free,
From all the Boardroom rivalry.
Free from knives, and cold deceit,
That made my colleague, so replete.
I wiggle toes, in slippered feet,
And feel my life, is now complete.
I'm free to do just as I wish,
Play some golf, or even fish.
Join an 'over fifties' club,
Or spend my time, down at the pub.
Then, my wife walks through the door,
I know I've seen that 'look' before.
She stares at me with growing frown,
I slowly put the 'paper' down.
'Now you're here, there's things to do, '
'I need a lot of help, from you.'
'You need to fix the garden fence, '
'You'll do it now, if you have sense.'
'And, I've got a growing list, '
'Of all the things that you have missed.'
'I'll keep you busy, have no fear, '
'Enjoy retirement, my dear! '
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
A/N Lot's of men die within a few years of retirement...I wonder why? ?
Owain Glyn's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (I've got my life back, Or have I? ? by Owain Glyn )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- The Exception Perception Has, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- You Know, Whats-his-name, Lawrence Beck
- Isis: Syria and Iraq, do something!, Rachel Nichols
- THE POOR PEOPLE AND THEIR POVERTY الفقرا.., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- I PROMISE, Poet Akinwemimo Idris
- The Spyders, David Lewis Paget
- Monsoon., David Lessard
- Unprepared, Disrespectful 'and' Undiscip.., Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Summer Nights, Maya Hanson (mye3 poet)
- THE PRETTY SEASONS AND THE PRETTY ROCK O.., MOHAMMAD SKATI