I refuse to go.
The darkness that surounds me now is more heavy than before,
i am sinking very quickly, falling limply on the floor.
you could always help me keep my head above the crashing wave,
from the sadness that im feeling now, only you could save.
everything we ever did was doomed from the start,
i wish i would have never found myself deep inside your heart.
i hide my sadness very well but im depressed than you could now,
one step further in this mess i refuse to go.
norman ayres's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (I refuse to go. by norman ayres )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(August 19, 1902 – May 19, 1971)
Harivansh Rai Bachchan
(27 November 1907 – 18 January 2003)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(9 November 1928 – 4 October 1974)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- beware of false friends, Micron
- Madhubala, Harivansh Rai Bachchan
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
Poem of the Day
- Birthday poem, Wala' Qamhieh
- If you want to be my inspirer, Elius Rubby
- Being in love, Sahra Hussein
- Walk On!, Shweta Nair
- My Father, Sahra Hussein
- Crime against humanity (a prose poem), paul bamberger
- Serenity Later Prayer, Joseph DeMarco
- starlings display team, lee fones
- Extinction is Forever, Joseph DeMarco
- What Is Poetry To Adil?, Bijay Kant Dubey