I preen my face with my tongue
What’s there in mind comes out through the face
Veiled evil ghost participates in melting human race
All are melting like a chocolate in the mouth of devil
‘O’ Blacksmith, master of inferno, put them on anvil
Who am I to show my anger under your command?
What am I nothing but a puppet with unseen thread?
A show is on, a war show, for more butter and bread
Blinded eating the human flesh, fate with new brand.
I am neither so smart nor so white and of course not rich
I have never gone a parlour for facial or for bleach
I preen my face with my tongue, see the world with eyes
I have seen the world with many angles and in much size
O wise awake, so to raise humanity with human kind
Turn your eyes inward and see, beauty there you find
Aftab Alam's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (I preen my face with my tongue by Aftab Alam )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- Battle of our own life, binod bastola
- Before you've brushed your teeth, Mark Heathcote
- Arrival, Tony Adah
- Nigeria I Hail Thee, Tega Akpomraphiphe
- Her Smile, Tega Akpomraphiphe
- ©Getting Over You, Bandile Matsenjwa
- Lost and Found (one f word at the end), Anthony Di'anno
- raining in scotland, ko the skipper
- THE BLACK MAN WITH A KNIFE, johnny case
- I don't know if I know me, Logan Fulk