I preen my face with my tongue
What’s there in mind comes out through the face
Veiled evil ghost participates in melting human race
All are melting like a chocolate in the mouth of devil
‘O’ Blacksmith, master of inferno, put them on anvil
Who am I to show my anger under your command?
What am I nothing but a puppet with unseen thread?
A show is on, a war show, for more butter and bread
Blinded eating the human flesh, fate with new brand.
I am neither so smart nor so white and of course not rich
I have never gone a parlour for facial or for bleach
I preen my face with my tongue, see the world with eyes
I have seen the world with many angles and in much size
O wise awake, so to raise humanity with human kind
Turn your eyes inward and see, beauty there you find
Aftab Alam's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (I preen my face with my tongue by Aftab Alam )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- Ode To Envy, Chibueze Oscar Osuji
- Time be quite, Filippo Stella
- Domestic goddess, Mark Heathcote
- Blank Depression, Chibueze Oscar Osuji
- The tears of human race, Great Emeritus
- Capsule Of Eternity, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- MY own fault, hasmukh amathalal
- on returning to my part time job-, Mandolyn ...
- Write new chapter, hasmukh amathalal
- COPLA 71 INVOCATION: This Bad Guy World, T (no first name) Wignesan