I'm Not Frightened (really) Part Four, A Brother's Tale
Our Marie, she drives me mad
She's always fighting with my Dad
And then she's crying on the phone
It's like living in a hostile zone.
She brought home a guy named Lloyd
Now there was one that you'd avoid
His voice was real high-pitched and loud
His dandruff hung there like a cloud.
He dressed a lot like Liberace
Claimed he'd bought it from Versace
He might have got away with that
If he had not been quite so fat.
His flesh poked out from several holes
is stomach settled down in rolls
But I think that what finished it
Were his attempts to try and sit.
He breathed in deeply, shook his hair
And bent his frame to meet the chair
What happened next, I think you'll guess?
Suffice to say, the chair's a mess.
And that's the problem with Marie
She doesn't think sufficiently
One day, maybe, she will see
There's a cost to love, it isn't free.
My Dad says she is predatory
And she should be more like me
Who's soft and kind, in every way
I haven't told him that I'm Gay! ! (Yet!)
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (I'm Not Frightened (really) Part Four, A Brother's Tale by Owain Glyn )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
A Dream Within A Dream
Edgar Allan Poe
- Mistakes, Delia Anna
- I'ts Not a Sin to Love You Like This..., wanderer sailor
- Psalm 096, Forrest Hainline
- Slaves To Appearances, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Changes Can Be Painful, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Rain Affects Incident Light, mary douglas
- Maypole Dancing Dulcet As Spring, mary douglas
- Wish to Say Something, V P Mahur
- Nuclear Love, Monk E. Biz
- Wish Day Or Wash Day And Combine, mary douglas