I'm Not Frightened (really) Part Four, A Brother's Tale
Our Marie, she drives me mad
She's always fighting with my Dad
And then she's crying on the phone
It's like living in a hostile zone.
She brought home a guy named Lloyd
Now there was one that you'd avoid
His voice was real high-pitched and loud
His dandruff hung there like a cloud.
He dressed a lot like Liberace
Claimed he'd bought it from Versace
He might have got away with that
If he had not been quite so fat.
His flesh poked out from several holes
is stomach settled down in rolls
But I think that what finished it
Were his attempts to try and sit.
He breathed in deeply, shook his hair
And bent his frame to meet the chair
What happened next, I think you'll guess?
Suffice to say, the chair's a mess.
And that's the problem with Marie
She doesn't think sufficiently
One day, maybe, she will see
There's a cost to love, it isn't free.
My Dad says she is predatory
And she should be more like me
Who's soft and kind, in every way
I haven't told him that I'm Gay! ! (Yet!)
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
Owain Glyn's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (I'm Not Frightened (really) Part Four, A Brother's Tale by Owain Glyn )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(January 30, 1935 – September 14, 1984)
Rainer Maria Rilke
(4 December 1875 – 29 December 1926)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- The Saddest Poem, Pablo Neruda
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Christmas Carol, Sara Teasdale
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
Poem of the Day
- Brain is the link., Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Fireworks Of Ideas, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Sleep it away., Gary Hembree
- Adil Jussawalla The Poet, Bijay Kant Dubey
- It's Morning, Dr Ronnie Bai
- She and He, Dr Ronnie Bai
- My last regret, Eliza Clair
- My Hometown Today, Dr Ronnie Bai
- Half ajar, Mark Heathcote
- Driftwood (II), Dr Ronnie Bai