I'm Not frightened (really) Part six Marie fights back.
I guess that you've all heard of me,
I'm that girl, you know, Marie.
That poet's filled you full of rhymes,
All about my life, and times.
He's sold you rhymes about my brother,
And my Auntie, and my Mother.
Made my Father look quite mad,
Making out my love life's bad.
Well, I have joined a dating site,
Who've guaranteed me Mr. Right.
So, in a week, or maybe two,
I'll show this poet who is who.
He really needs to get a life,
I wonder if he's got a wife? ?
I think, that deep down, secretly,
He's probably in love with me! (We'll See.)
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
Owain Glyn's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (I'm Not frightened (really) Part six Marie fights back. by Owain Glyn )
- Star Tree, douglas scotney
- The Road to Heaven is Only One, Dr John Celes
- Capable and real, hasmukh amathalal
- This Is What Makes A Rhyming Poem, arshad arshad
- I write not for you, Havilah
- This Isn't My Body, Elizabeth Tyrrell
- Love me..., veeraiyah subbulakshmi
- Certainly prove, hasmukh amathalal
- I want to say goodbye, michael hagwood
- It is casual, hasmukh amathalal
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Sonnet XVII, Pablo Neruda
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Conscience, Henry David Thoreau
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
Tiffany Rose Moczydlowski
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
- Heather Burns