I'm Not frightened (really) Part six Marie fights back.
I guess that you've all heard of me,
I'm that girl, you know, Marie.
That poet's filled you full of rhymes,
All about my life, and times.
He's sold you rhymes about my brother,
And my Auntie, and my Mother.
Made my Father look quite mad,
Making out my love life's bad.
Well, I have joined a dating site,
Who've guaranteed me Mr. Right.
So, in a week, or maybe two,
I'll show this poet who is who.
He really needs to get a life,
I wonder if he's got a wife? ?
I think, that deep down, secretly,
He's probably in love with me! (We'll See.)
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
Owain Glyn's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (I'm Not frightened (really) Part six Marie fights back. by Owain Glyn )
- IQ poeam, Angry Brownbear
- Lacklustre thoughts, Angry Brownbear
- Mindless Wind, Angry Brownbear
- Screams of Silence, Angry Brownbear
- Abode Aroma, Angry Brownbear
- Worth living, gajanan mishra
- Discard your vanity, gajanan mishra
- Musings of Murmur, Angry Brownbear
- Days of Dream, Angry Brownbear
- House, mina lotfi
Poem of the Day
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- My Love Is Like To Ice, Edmund Spenser
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Being With You, Heather Burns
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
- Heather Burns
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(21 November 1844 – 19 July 1926)