I'm not Frightened (really) Part five A Sister's Tale
I've got a sister called Marie
She has to share a room with me
She's not what you'd call clean and neat
Then there's this problem, with her feet.
I open windows, spray the place
And wear a medic's mask, in case
The Doctor's right, and it might spread
I've had to fumigate her bed.
And she borrows all my clothes
I shouldn't mind, though, I suppose.
Daddy says not to be mean
But I'm size eight, and she's sixteen!
He says that if she meets a man
She might leave home, and then I can
Have my room all to my self
And she can get down from the shelf.
I think he might be dreaming! ! !
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
Owain Glyn's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (I'm not Frightened (really) Part five A Sister's Tale by Owain Glyn )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
Poem of the Day
- The Shed, Susan Lacovara
- Rich and Scared, Poor and Safe!, Charles Jagongo
- Love Note 14, Michael P. McParland
- My Only Angel 2, Michael P. McParland
- Modi Saheb, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Inspiration Is Dead In Me, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Brothers, Raymond A. Foss
- Politician, Asit Kumar Sanyal
- My Brother, Raymond A. Foss
- If We Ever Meet Again....., Lichu Thomas