The stars twinkle in the clear sky,
Like those beautiful green eyes.
But the night wishes to devour them,
Try as I might, they can't be saved.
Oh, how I long for days of old,
Where we'd talk for hours.
Now, you ignore me.
My heart aches.
Nature cries my tears.
Are we alive?
Just to die?
I can't stop loving you,
Though you may have stopped loving me.
I wish I could make things right.
I want to be your guiding light..
I don't blame you, y'know?
Perfect girl like you,
Deserves far better than me.
How I long to feel our bodies,
Come together, but it's just a dream.
I can't move on.
Darkness swallows all.
But I'll always be there.
In the off chance you need me.
I'll never get over you.
I hope that you can see.
You have my heart, Green-Eyed Dove,
You'll always have my boundless love.
If only you'd take a chance.
To see if those feeling come back.
Just a shot, is all I'm asking,
To see if you belong with me.
I'll never love another.
The stars twinkle bright in the clear sky,
Like your beautiful green eyes.
Eyes that pierce my cold, bitter heart,
And leave me hypnotized.
Matt Reyes's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Hypnotized by Matt Reyes )
- power of youth, maharshi trivedi
- Let the body die, why should I die?, Aftab Alam
- artist, maharshi trivedi
- life of indigent, maharshi trivedi
- I Freaking Hate Beer!, Mr. Nobody
- PROBLEM OF TODAY'S ERA, maharshi trivedi
- FREE FALL, Bironga Chadwick
- Imbalance, Hans Raj Sharma
- Festival Of Light, Amitava Sur
- YouTube and Phalloplasty, Jeff Gangwer
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Home And Love, Robert William Service
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- One Art, Elizabeth Bishop
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
Alfred Lord Tennyson
(6 August 1809 – 6 October 1892)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)