The stars twinkle in the clear sky,
Like those beautiful green eyes.
But the night wishes to devour them,
Try as I might, they can't be saved.
Oh, how I long for days of old,
Where we'd talk for hours.
Now, you ignore me.
My heart aches.
Nature cries my tears.
Are we alive?
Just to die?
I can't stop loving you,
Though you may have stopped loving me.
I wish I could make things right.
I want to be your guiding light..
I don't blame you, y'know?
Perfect girl like you,
Deserves far better than me.
How I long to feel our bodies,
Come together, but it's just a dream.
I can't move on.
Darkness swallows all.
But I'll always be there.
In the off chance you need me.
I'll never get over you.
I hope that you can see.
You have my heart, Green-Eyed Dove,
You'll always have my boundless love.
If only you'd take a chance.
To see if those feeling come back.
Just a shot, is all I'm asking,
To see if you belong with me.
I'll never love another.
The stars twinkle bright in the clear sky,
Like your beautiful green eyes.
Eyes that pierce my cold, bitter heart,
And leave me hypnotized.
Matt Reyes's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Hypnotized by Matt Reyes )
- Backbone Of A Nation, Joseph T. Renaldi
- Vertigo, Nassy Fesharaki
- Worthy Expressions, Joseph T. Renaldi
- Flight Of Fairies, Nicholas Nikolov
- Goodnight Kiss, Nicholas Nikolov
- MURIEL, Donald R Charon
- GLENDA, Donald R Charon
- Tales Of A Wife: Close To You, Onyekachukwu Vincent Onyeche
- CREDITOR, Donald R Charon
- Tales Of A Wife: Lady Liberty, Onyekachukwu Vincent Onyeche
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- 1914 V: The Soldier, Rupert Brooke
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Heather Burns
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(August 19, 1902 – May 19, 1971)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)