I want to be her pride and joy,
I want to be her love.
I want to be that single boy,
The one she's thinking of.
I want to be her shining sun,
I want to be her man.
I want to be the only one,
Who gets to hold her hand.
I want to be her bright spark,
I want to be her norm.
I want to hold her in the dark,
And in a thunderstorm.
I want to hug her everyday,
I want to kiss her cheek.
I want to know just what to say,
Everytime we speak.
I want to kiss her pretty lips,
I want her to be mine.
I want to kiss her cherry lips,
They're as sweet as wine.
But I guess it doesn't matter,
I know how it will end.
No matter how much I want her,
She already has a boyfriend.
But he makes her happy,
And he treats her nice.
All of this I can see,
While my heart lies in a vice.
But as long as she is glad,
This dreadful lonely life is not so bad.
Matt Reyes's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (I Want by Matt Reyes )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- My Mind Paints, Kyle Schlicher
- The Black Cat With The Burning Eyes Jump.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- O Chatia Baba, The Lord of The Woods!, Bijay Kant Dubey
- I Held You In My Arms, Kyle Schlicher
- i'm tired..., Cherryl Ann Ilustre
- Poetess, Angela Khristin Brown
- In the midst, DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
- Dance, Angela Khristin Brown
- the colored girl, Angela Khristin Brown
- indulgence, Angela Khristin Brown