I want to be her pride and joy,
I want to be her love.
I want to be that single boy,
The one she's thinking of.
I want to be her shining sun,
I want to be her man.
I want to be the only one,
Who gets to hold her hand.
I want to be her bright spark,
I want to be her norm.
I want to hold her in the dark,
And in a thunderstorm.
I want to hug her everyday,
I want to kiss her cheek.
I want to know just what to say,
Everytime we speak.
I want to kiss her pretty lips,
I want her to be mine.
I want to kiss her cherry lips,
They're as sweet as wine.
But I guess it doesn't matter,
I know how it will end.
No matter how much I want her,
She already has a boyfriend.
But he makes her happy,
And he treats her nice.
All of this I can see,
While my heart lies in a vice.
But as long as she is glad,
This dreadful lonely life is not so bad.
Matt Reyes's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (I Want by Matt Reyes )
- চান যা পাবেন তা!, Md. Ziaul Haque
- Purposeful Enigma, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- The Coming Of Harmattan, Tony Adah
- Pursuing Rhythms, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Innocense, ekta mudgal
- What Would Happen, IF I Were Unseen?, Mr. Nobody
- The Buried Past, David Lewis Paget
- Individual Predicaments, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Limerick-1(GIRL-FRIEND OR GRANNY), Saheb Mohapatra
- Question Of Faith, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
Poem of the Day
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- A Drinking Song, William Butler Yeats
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Television, Roald Dahl
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(19 January 1919 - 10 May 2002)