I want to be her pride and joy,
I want to be her love.
I want to be that single boy,
The one she's thinking of.
I want to be her shining sun,
I want to be her man.
I want to be the only one,
Who gets to hold her hand.
I want to be her bright spark,
I want to be her norm.
I want to hold her in the dark,
And in a thunderstorm.
I want to hug her everyday,
I want to kiss her cheek.
I want to know just what to say,
Everytime we speak.
I want to kiss her pretty lips,
I want her to be mine.
I want to kiss her cherry lips,
They're as sweet as wine.
But I guess it doesn't matter,
I know how it will end.
No matter how much I want her,
She already has a boyfriend.
But he makes her happy,
And he treats her nice.
All of this I can see,
While my heart lies in a vice.
But as long as she is glad,
This dreadful lonely life is not so bad.
Matt Reyes's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (I Want by Matt Reyes )
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(August 5, 1934)
Krishna Shivkumar yadav
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- A Life-Lesson, James Whitcomb Riley
- Blue Roses, Rudyard Kipling
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- A Smile To Remember, Charles Bukowski
Poem of the Day
- Keep Patience and Stand, Kumarmani Mahakul
- Nothing Seems Right, Andrew Butler
- Seventeen Thoughts, A Lifetime, Kewayne Wadley
- Strangers Welcome, Kewayne Wadley
- What is truth?, Edward Clapham
- A Most Happy Holiday, Dorothy (Alves) Holmes
- Christmas - Christmas, Dorothy (Alves) Holmes
- Cage, Sarvesh wahie
- You Keep The Sea, Naveed Akram
- There's nothing like dance, Yisel Chong