For My Heart Belongs To You
A knife in my heart everyday,
For we are so close yet so far away.
I haven't seen your beautiful smile,
Or your green eyes in quite a while.
Now I feel so empty and cold
Without you here, I want to hold
You in my arms once again
And never let go, my beautiful friend.
This is what I want to do
I hope you know I would die for you,
You mean more to me than you'll ever know,
So stay with me and please don't go.
Yet there's a doubt within my heart
A feeling that says we'll be apart,
Forever apart, apart forever
It says that we'll never be together.
Yet I hope it won't be true
I just want to be with you
Nothing else and nothing more
I really just want to be yours.
Yet my heart is yours and yours alone,
Til I am nothing but a bone.
I want your heart to belong to me,
I believe we are meant to be.
But alas, the fates conspire
Against us, oh they douse the fire
Of my wonderful, passionate love,
Love for you my green-eyed dove.
But if you find another man
Who treats you better than i can,
Stay with him, who treats you right,
Though I would be your shining light.
Without you I'll be sad and lonely too,
For My Heart Belongs To You.
Matt Reyes's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (For My Heart Belongs To You by Matt Reyes )
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
Mewlana Jalaluddin Rumi
(1207 - 1273)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- Alone, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
Poem of the Day
- Fascinating Images, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Dwelling In Perfection, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- A Line to You, Olufayo Ezekiel
- Remedy to Find, Tirupathi Chandrupatla
- Inner Workings, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Colours, Daniel Rimero
- India's Rhythms, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- My Love! Let's run away from light., SAK Reddy
- Journey Of Ancient Values, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Bless You On This Day, Michael P. McParland