For My Heart Belongs To You
A knife in my heart everyday,
For we are so close yet so far away.
I haven't seen your beautiful smile,
Or your green eyes in quite a while.
Now I feel so empty and cold
Without you here, I want to hold
You in my arms once again
And never let go, my beautiful friend.
This is what I want to do
I hope you know I would die for you,
You mean more to me than you'll ever know,
So stay with me and please don't go.
Yet there's a doubt within my heart
A feeling that says we'll be apart,
Forever apart, apart forever
It says that we'll never be together.
Yet I hope it won't be true
I just want to be with you
Nothing else and nothing more
I really just want to be yours.
Yet my heart is yours and yours alone,
Til I am nothing but a bone.
I want your heart to belong to me,
I believe we are meant to be.
But alas, the fates conspire
Against us, oh they douse the fire
Of my wonderful, passionate love,
Love for you my green-eyed dove.
But if you find another man
Who treats you better than i can,
Stay with him, who treats you right,
Though I would be your shining light.
Without you I'll be sad and lonely too,
For My Heart Belongs To You.
Matt Reyes's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (For My Heart Belongs To You by Matt Reyes )
- Indulgences, Jayatissa Liyanage
- From The Balcony, Heather Burns
- Ang undubai, Shri R Brahma
- 10 January 2014, Shri R Brahma
- October is next to September تشرين الاول.., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- October is next to September, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- I feel bored, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- 30 September 2014, Shri R Brahma
- Praise God for that Touchdown (only if Y.., Joe Rosochacki
- Mablaba baogargwn be jaya, Shri R Brahma
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Drownig in pink, Framarz Bagheri
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)