Explosion coupled with Self-Destruction
Some say that ignorance is bliss,
But it has caused me to miss
The greatest thing to happen to me,
The greatest thing that I could see.
The thing I missed, that thing was you,
Now I don't know what to do.
To win your heart, perhaps I can,
But now you have another man
Pushing me out of my place
In your heart please don't erase
me from your beautiful mind
To you I shall always be kind.
Fate, you've dealt me a cruel hand
And your absence I cannot stand.
Without you I shall always cry
Noone will love you more than I.
In my heart you'll always stay
My bestest friend, I'll be okay
Without your passionate wonderful love
My beautiful Angel, my Green-Eyed Dove.
Perhaps I'll draw a better card
Till then I'll remain on my guard
Waiting for that day to come,
Oh how could I have been so dumb
Not to see before my eyes
That I was losing you, what a surprise.
'I'll be okay' that's a lie,
Or maybe not I don't know why
I can't figure out my feelings inside
Of my soul, oh they all hide
Behind each other
What I think is one, is another,
Oh they confound me so
Should I stay or should I go
Insane once more, once again,
Tell me, tell me bestest friend
How it is I truly feel
This pain, this pain is so unreal,
That it rots me to my core
So much that I fall to the floor
That's flooded with my empty tears,
My false hopes, my true fears.
Without you I'm nothing this is true,
But I want you to be happy too.
I wish I were a lonely puppet,
But then again I am one, yet
Unlike this tiny plastic doll,
I have a heart, my one downfall.
My sadness will build up and unfold
Until I finally explode
From my feelings that contrast,
And cause destruction to come fast.
Matt Reyes's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Explosion coupled with Self-Destruction by Matt Reyes )
- 'My Persuasion' Over 'Her Coyness'., Prabhat Priyadarshi
- rain, Erin Daly
- I Hope, Michael McParland
- Holding Fatima in the Light, Mohja Kahf
- Manifesto for the Chaste Wanton, Mohja Kahf
- Doves, Mohja Kahf
- Return of the Friend, Mohja Kahf
- On The Run In The Dream, Albert Martin
- My Grandmother Washes Her Feet in the Si.., Mohja Kahf
- Joan Rivers, Ima Ryma
Poem of the Day
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- City That Does Not Sleep, Federico García Lorca
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- He Wishes For The Cloths Of Heaven, William Butler Yeats
- Clarence Michael James Stanislaus Dennis
- Laurence Overmire
(24 June 1842 - 26 December 1913)
(10 December 1824 – 18 September 1905)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Lee Masters
(23 August 1868 – 5 March 1950)
Hans Christian Andersen
(2 April 1805 – 4 August 1875)
- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
(26 November 1731 – 25 April 1800)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)