Explosion coupled with Self-Destruction
Some say that ignorance is bliss,
But it has caused me to miss
The greatest thing to happen to me,
The greatest thing that I could see.
The thing I missed, that thing was you,
Now I don't know what to do.
To win your heart, perhaps I can,
But now you have another man
Pushing me out of my place
In your heart please don't erase
me from your beautiful mind
To you I shall always be kind.
Fate, you've dealt me a cruel hand
And your absence I cannot stand.
Without you I shall always cry
Noone will love you more than I.
In my heart you'll always stay
My bestest friend, I'll be okay
Without your passionate wonderful love
My beautiful Angel, my Green-Eyed Dove.
Perhaps I'll draw a better card
Till then I'll remain on my guard
Waiting for that day to come,
Oh how could I have been so dumb
Not to see before my eyes
That I was losing you, what a surprise.
'I'll be okay' that's a lie,
Or maybe not I don't know why
I can't figure out my feelings inside
Of my soul, oh they all hide
Behind each other
What I think is one, is another,
Oh they confound me so
Should I stay or should I go
Insane once more, once again,
Tell me, tell me bestest friend
How it is I truly feel
This pain, this pain is so unreal,
That it rots me to my core
So much that I fall to the floor
That's flooded with my empty tears,
My false hopes, my true fears.
Without you I'm nothing this is true,
But I want you to be happy too.
I wish I were a lonely puppet,
But then again I am one, yet
Unlike this tiny plastic doll,
I have a heart, my one downfall.
My sadness will build up and unfold
Until I finally explode
From my feelings that contrast,
And cause destruction to come fast.
Matt Reyes's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Explosion coupled with Self-Destruction by Matt Reyes )
- गोजाननि खौरां, Ronjoy Brahma
- Let us believe, hasmukh amathalal
- Christmas Again, Katherine Nordhaus
- Money, Katherine Nordhaus
- Older, Frank Avon
- A question to seasons, Melikhaya Zagagana
- Languid leman, Melikhaya Zagagana
- Tweet-tweet! I Visited a Hamlet with a G.., Harindhar Reddy
- PURITY OF SNOW., Terry Collett
- What If You Had No Beliefs? NONE!, Mr. Nobody
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- On the Pulse of Morning, Maya Angelou
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Heather Burns
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)