I walk along this sorrowful street,
Constantly staring down at my feet,
I look up and give a yell,
Where am I?
This must be hell.
There is no one here that I can see,
I'm by myself, how can this be?
I continue walking, what can I do?
There is no one here, not even you.
To look upon you're smiling face,
Would surely brighten up this place,
But in the end you're still not here,
And to my eyes that sends a tear.
And so I walk along this path,
There is no happiness, I cannot laugh,
At this point my heart is stone,
I wander this road, forever alone.
Matt Reyes's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Alone by Matt Reyes )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Frankenstein, Victor Cruickshank
- Potry, John deVries
- COPLA 84 INVOCATION: This Bad Guy World, T (no first name) Wignesan
- Left Behind, D.L. Aceves
- Mother Nature, Victor Cruickshank
- Mature Love, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Homophones, Victor Cruickshank
- Time, Victor Cruickshank
- More Of The Different, John deVries
- Speak about love, hasmukh amathalal