Poet of the River
Human Ignorance (thought)
What is it we see when we choose to close our eyes?
Is it some form of security we hold dear?
Why are there so many truths we have backed upon lies?
Are they done not out of anger, but out of fear?
How can we sit silently choosing not to see,
As if we are lost in the recklessness of our youth?
How can we close our eyes and choose to believe,
Knowing what we hear is not the truth?
Poet of the River's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Human Ignorance (thought) by Poet of the River )
- I regret nothing, but I invest in what c.., Mandolyn ...
- Steve Jobs, Saiom Shriver
- Crawl, Singleton M. Tate
- Lustful Love, Priscilla Colon
- Do You Know Surrender? Pt.2, Singleton M. Tate
- A BIRDS VIEW, shannon strauss
- Do You Know Surrender? Pt.1, Singleton M. Tate
- Here We Go Again, Dylon Cain
- Bitter Slave, S. I. Rednow
- The Pilot, S. I. Rednow