Poet of the River
Human Ignorance (thought)
What is it we see when we choose to close our eyes?
Is it some form of security we hold dear?
Why are there so many truths we have backed upon lies?
Are they done not out of anger, but out of fear?
How can we sit silently choosing not to see,
As if we are lost in the recklessness of our youth?
How can we close our eyes and choose to believe,
Knowing what we hear is not the truth?
Poet of the River's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Human Ignorance (thought) by Poet of the River )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Words Worn-Out, Birgitta Heikka
- Ballistic Word Images, Terence G. Craddock
- A moment of truth, Mark Heathcote
- After Jacques Brel, mary douglas
- I Didn't Want This To Admit, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Deciding They Will Run, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Cutting Edges Plaguing, Terence G. Craddock
- Curse, MAD DEW
- Nature's Glory, Tirupathi Chandrupatla
- A SECRET, MOHAMMAD SKATI