Heroes are not stalkers.
Heroes in romantic literature
Aren’t different from the sociopaths.
Lovers had been silent strong pursuers
With a determined efforts for their love.
Rochester in Jane Eyre, Darcy in Pride
And Prejudice, Heathcliff in Wuthering
Heights and such heroes had been brooding,
And their brooding got them greater appeals.
Such like love scenes cannot be enacted,
Thanks to the empowerment of woman.
If done, it’d amount to sex harassment
And the males would be branded as stalkers.
Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.'s Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Heroes are not stalkers. by Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar. )
Did you read them?
- Election Ballad at close of Contest for .., Robert Burns
- A Grace after Meat, Robert Burns
- Silence, Ahmed Tawfik
- The Fall of the Leaf, Robert Burns
- The Brigs of Ayr, Robert Burns
- Young Man Birdwatching, Justin Reamer
- The Divine Feminine? Second Coming, Mr. Nobody
- Bad blood, hasmukh amathalal
- A Tippling Ballad—When Princes and Prela.., Robert Burns
- Do Only What You Love, Always..., Mr. Nobody
Poem of the Day
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)