Far away there is a town, where I was born and raised.
And it is there I'd be found for almost all of my days.
Through the air drifts the sounds of laughter and peace,
Of mirth being wrought from human decency.
But it is there I am not, and here I shall be.
In this wood of pine and leaves where the fireflies flit.
Where I stood for an eternity, afraid to lie or sit.
There you stood forever with me until you eloped,
And I had all your memories kept where they'll never be shown.
Where you and I should have slept a long time ago.
Far away the bell does ring, a companion in the night.
In this dell is nothing save the languishing starlight.
In this dell I am waiting, for a friend or a foe,
Hence I feel no guilt and cry no wasted woe.
In this hell I have built, I see no rays of hope.
Dillon McKenna's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Help by Dillon McKenna )
- The truth is, Brian Kilpatrick
- In our minds, Brian Kilpatrick
- Walls, arshad arshad
- / Ek Burkhawalli She Pyar-mohabbat/ Ek P.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Boond Boond Boond Barse Chain, Yashvardhan Goel
- O My God, Meri Ek Bhi Nahin, Uski Tin-Ti.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Fabus Indulcet Fames, michael walkerjohn
- One Not, But Three Bibis, Veiled Wives, .., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Alive In S'November To Remember - The Ta.., Joe Muschaweck
- Each Day With You KP, Michael McParland
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Marriage(Divine Relation), binod bastola
- YOUR SADNESS DRAWS A SAD PICTURE, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)