Be still, my heart, there is no time for mourning,
Stay well apart, in despair we find a warning,
There is yet hope, and with it love,
The embers smoke, and with them lust.
Too few are the stars, too short the night,
So the wound smarts and saps our might,
With dagger sharp and eyes bright the demon cuts.
Take leave, my hate, there is no place for you.
Stay true, my fate, where the love may yet bloom.
With silent step and quiet gaze,
Mind the ledge and the fire's haze,
The path is straight and easy to follow,
Do not deviate, bereave us my sorrow,
Do not wait and leave me to borrow on faith.
Upon my chest, place your head,
Upon my strength, take your rest.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Be Still by Dillon McKenna )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Bury My Unwillingness, Margaret Alice Second
- An advice, Somanathan Iyer
- Too long, too short, Pradip Chattopadhyay
- Its been four months now, Vangile Mtyali
- Word of Poetry, Vangile Mtyali
- Life means, Somanathan Iyer
- Just for vegan, SALINI NAIR
- Drop In The Bucket, Michael McParland
- Drifting Hell, Michael McParland
- Dreams, Michael McParland