Happy birthday to the best mom in the world
Mom, on this day I want to dedicate a pledge to you.
In the years that I have known you,
your eyes showed love without any boundaries
and you had an understanding
in all of the things that I have done.
You have never judged
and never grew tired
of the endless stories that we had to tell.
You are a constant reminder of the woman
That I do admire and that I want to be
and there is something special
in the way that you do experience life
as if every day is a new blossom,
a gift of hope
and a evolution of the person
that you want me to be.
I do embrace all the things that you are.
Your philosophy and ideals
of the Bible is precious to me
and we both made a promise
to meet each other at the Advent.
You are to me a reincarnation
of all positive energies
and a devotee to all that is good
and a guru in whose footsteps
I try to follow
and you are the most precious gem to me.
You are our guiding light
and long after your journey has ended
we will still be reminded
of your light that shines in our hearts
but most of all you are a mother to me
and a very dear friend
and I do love you with all of my heart.
Daleen Enslinstrydom's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Happy birthday to the best mom in the world by Daleen Enslinstrydom )
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(18 September 1906 - 18 September 1995)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
Harivansh Rai Bachchan
(27 November 1907 – 18 January 2003)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
(24 January 1572 - 31 March 1631)
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- I Heard the Bells on Christmas Day, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Believe In Yourself, Ronell Warren Alman
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Merry Christmas My Love, Michael P. McParland
- Christmas Trees, Robert Frost
Poem of the Day
- "க்ரிஸ்து" என்ற ஒரு ஜோதி!, Subbaraman N V
- PIOUS WELCOME TO TWENTY FIFTEEN*, Subbaraman N V
- Pschology 101 (I), Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR
- A Dancer's Life, Donald Justice
- What Christmas for Them..........?, Jayatissa Liyanage
- I Know You Are There, Orlando Belo
- Dior-Ets, The Body Mass of Death..., Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR
- Glimpsing Silverstein's Truth, Merton Lee
- A Christmas Wish of A Lifetime..., Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR
- Unseen, Self-Empathizing Mirrors, Merton Lee