Did you lay early in the morning on the dewed grass
just to see the drops clinging like honey-dew
to a spider’s web?
Have you buried your nose in a rose bud
to preserve the smell in your heart,
when the smell reminds you about someone very special
who trusts you in love?
Have you smelled oats ready to be harvested,
how couch-grass smells after been cut by a sickle
and have you held the blue flowers in your hand?
Have you lost your heart in the bush-veldt
when the earth smells of the sun and heat
and life leaves deep tracks in your heart,
when you find yourself in the kingdom of thorn trees
and try to remember it later.
Have you lost your heart in a gardenia
or did go and greet a marigold
when its small head turns to the sun.
It’s where I find myself
in my calling to silence
in the hour where I meet the Lord;
it is what I want to retain.
Daleen Enslinstrydom's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Have you by Daleen Enslinstrydom )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Buckeye Fever Sweeping Terror Over Thier.., Michael McParland
- A Witness, Abraham Sutzkever
- Canonical, Naveed Khalid
- Brooding, Michael McParland
- In The Bliss..., John Ugolo Umah
- Breathing Space, Michael McParland
- Breaking Free, Michael McParland
- Brand New Start, Michael McParland
- Another One, John Ugolo Umah
- Blackness, Michael McParland