My grandma, before she was dead.
Naught wrong with world, it's people in it.
I think you could say, it's the same today,
As it was of yesterdays.
Isn't it a mess,
Oh what a shame,
Everywhere you look,
It all seems the same.
Suffering and starvation,
Violence and war,
Our children killing other children,
Gangs guns and knifes,
taking innocent life's.
Oh, what ashame.
Don't we ever learn
Can't we give,
instead of take.
Everyone is on the make.
Dictators and statesmen
Business and tradesmen.
Oh, what a shame.
Secrets and lies,
hacking phones, distorting truth,
Internet bullies and distressed children,
Oh, what a mess.
Can we change the way things are.
Yes, we can if we dare.
Find the courage to lead.
Show the love to care.
Elaine Battersby(Elaine B)
Elaine Battersby's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Grandma said by Elaine Battersby )
- The Search For Peace, david kush
- Without It Questioned, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Bane of Attraction, Anthony Edmond John
- Wandersong, Neil Kennett
- Open Me Up, I'm Present, Luva Boy
- The Poem, Neil Kennett
- Arrival of Fall, Tirupathi Chandrupatla
- I Want You Woman, Luva Boy
- Almost A White Horse, mary douglas
- The Tall Ride, Tirupathi Chandrupatla