My grandma, before she was dead.
Naught wrong with world, it's people in it.
I think you could say, it's the same today,
As it was of yesterdays.
Isn't it a mess,
Oh what a shame,
Everywhere you look,
It all seems the same.
Suffering and starvation,
Violence and war,
Our children killing other children,
Gangs guns and knifes,
taking innocent life's.
Oh, what ashame.
Don't we ever learn
Can't we give,
instead of take.
Everyone is on the make.
Dictators and statesmen
Business and tradesmen.
Oh, what a shame.
Secrets and lies,
hacking phones, distorting truth,
Internet bullies and distressed children,
Oh, what a mess.
Can we change the way things are.
Yes, we can if we dare.
Find the courage to lead.
Show the love to care.
Elaine Battersby(Elaine B)
Elaine Battersby's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Grandma said by Elaine Battersby )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Tick Tock, Michael Mira
- Love Burns, Khairul Ahsan
- Whispers, Mihaela Pirjol
- For Your Family Pride, Are You Going To .., Bijay Kant Dubey
- The Tears of A Woman, Who Can Underatnd .., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Love Is A Groovy Thing, Electric Lady
- I Think, tallulah montegue
- Fill Free, Teye Wayoe Ebenezer
- The Unabridged Treaty, Bazi alis Subrata Ray
- Fron(t) s, Leylek D. Sovura