My grandma, before she was dead.
Naught wrong with world, it's people in it.
I think you could say, it's the same today,
As it was of yesterdays.
Isn't it a mess,
Oh what a shame,
Everywhere you look,
It all seems the same.
Suffering and starvation,
Violence and war,
Our children killing other children,
Gangs guns and knifes,
taking innocent life's.
Oh, what ashame.
Don't we ever learn
Can't we give,
instead of take.
Everyone is on the make.
Dictators and statesmen
Business and tradesmen.
Oh, what a shame.
Secrets and lies,
hacking phones, distorting truth,
Internet bullies and distressed children,
Oh, what a mess.
Can we change the way things are.
Yes, we can if we dare.
Find the courage to lead.
Show the love to care.
Elaine Battersby(Elaine B)
Elaine Battersby's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Grandma said by Elaine Battersby )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Being lonely, Nitin Mukesh
- Kalighat In Calcutta, Karen Swenson
- I Want To Cry, LAURA EGGEBRECHT
- My Heart seems to be A Stepping Stone, LAURA EGGEBRECHT
- The Tears In Your Eyes, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Inside My Heart is Dying, LAURA EGGEBRECHT
- Raksha Bandhan, Aryaman Kakkar
- Poetry is My Diamond Bag, Aftab Alam
- My Heart Was True... Why Not You, LAURA EGGEBRECHT
- Why Wouldn't Amina Jilani Write8, Afzal Ahmed Syed