She 85 years young
With a mind of her own,
and a will of steel that's for sure.
Not afraid to speak out,
when she thinks ought is wrong.
She's a lassie from Lancashire.
She's been through the war
and through the mill.
She knows what it's like to have naught.
But she can still have a laugh
and be glad for what's she's got.
She's a lassie from Lancashire
Elaine Battersby's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Betty by Elaine Battersby )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- The Love Of God, BRENDA KANSHABE TUMUSHABE
- A SHADOW IN DAKNESS, ROCHISH MON
- Flaming Desire, Pijush Biswas
- Reasons for Defeat, Maurice Whyte
- Meadow, Aftab Alam
- Desirable Someone, Zillur Rahman Shuvro
- The Caged Bird, Zillur Rahman Shuvro
- Rainbows, Phil Soar
- A Brief History of History, Zillur Rahman Shuvro
- equal, Matthew Edan Oliver Palma