A bolt of lightening, has opened up my heart and freed my heavy soul.
You have brought light and sunshine, to where there was only darkness.
And joy to where there was sorrow and pain.
You have lead me from a path, that lead to the edge of the cliff.
To one that leads to the summit of a mountain.
Where, I can see rich green valleys and an endless blue sea.
And a bright and starry future.
My eyes have been opened, to the wonder and the beauty of life and love.
And harmony and peace caress me.
Elaine Battersby (Elaine B)
Elaine Battersby's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Awakening by Elaine Battersby )
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Morning, Paul Laurence Dunbar
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
- Heather Burns
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Udiah (witness to Yah)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)