A bolt of lightening, has opened up my heart and freed my heavy soul.
You have brought light and sunshine, to where there was only darkness.
And joy to where there was sorrow and pain.
You have lead me from a path, that lead to the edge of the cliff.
To one that leads to the summit of a mountain.
Where, I can see rich green valleys and an endless blue sea.
And a bright and starry future.
My eyes have been opened, to the wonder and the beauty of life and love.
And harmony and peace caress me.
Elaine Battersby (Elaine B)
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Awakening by Elaine Battersby )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Ballistic Word Images, Terence G. Craddock
- A moment of truth, Mark Heathcote
- After Jacques Brel, mary douglas
- I Didn't Want This To Admit, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Deciding They Will Run, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Cutting Edges Plaguing, Terence G. Craddock
- Curse, MAD DEW
- Nature's Glory, Tirupathi Chandrupatla
- A SECRET, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Life Image Distortions, Terence G. Craddock