Goodbye, My Friend, but I Still Love You
To have you in my life,
Means everything to me,
I loved you once, loved you twice,
I think you’d agree.
I’ve done everything for you,
I guess it wasn’t good enough,
All the chances you didn’t take,
Going through that time was tough.
Our separate ways, we went,
I just wasn’t the one you want,
My heart ached for your love,
Everyone knew, but it was me, which they taunt.
Now, I’ve moved on,
I found someone new,
I’m very happy now,
What about you?
You were one of my favorite friends,
We still talk, but it’s not the same,
I guess you will never know,
You just had to blow out that flame.
I still love you, whether you know it or not,
You’re still my best friend,
Now, I’m happy with the one I’m with,
I hate to say it, but
This is the end.
Ocean Myranda's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Goodbye, My Friend, but I Still Love You by Ocean Myranda )
- Gloomy day., shafeeqrahman rahman
- Soothing An Interior Wildness, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Sad, shafeeqrahman rahman
- Liquid Love~~vs.74 ~~~, Mr. Nobody
- Totally Immersed, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- The time is, gajanan mishra
- This Ain't Livin', Curtlan Popo
- Barriers Broken, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Much Love, Michael McParland
- Soothing Innermost Sadness, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
Poem of the Day
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
- Heather Burns
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edwin Arlington Robinson
(22 December 1869 – 6 April 1935)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(24 January 1572 - 31 March 1631)