Goodbye, My Friend, but I Still Love You
To have you in my life,
Means everything to me,
I loved you once, loved you twice,
I think you’d agree.
I’ve done everything for you,
I guess it wasn’t good enough,
All the chances you didn’t take,
Going through that time was tough.
Our separate ways, we went,
I just wasn’t the one you want,
My heart ached for your love,
Everyone knew, but it was me, which they taunt.
Now, I’ve moved on,
I found someone new,
I’m very happy now,
What about you?
You were one of my favorite friends,
We still talk, but it’s not the same,
I guess you will never know,
You just had to blow out that flame.
I still love you, whether you know it or not,
You’re still my best friend,
Now, I’m happy with the one I’m with,
I hate to say it, but
This is the end.
Ocean Myranda's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Goodbye, My Friend, but I Still Love You by Ocean Myranda )
- Text time, george albot
- Deep Friendship, Sandra Feldman
- The Mighty Tumbler, Samya Bose
- puppy made of sand, lee fones
- Alive And With Medals, Clive Blake
- pull over for lightening, let's touch a .., Mandolyn ...
- ShakingThe Finger Tip, Is It Poetry
- Vent Of A Laden Heart, Lungelo Ndzimande
- the second stanza is why you bought my b.., Mandolyn ...
- Te Acordaras De Mi, Adriana Avila
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(22 August 1893 - 7 June 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
- Heather Burns
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)