Darkness all around me,
I feel you, suffocate,
No one else is around my misery,
Can I give anyone the key to the gate?
No one realizes the pain,
The weakness that I feel,
The darkness swallows with vain,
My nightmares feel so real.
The shadows that hide,
The tears I hold back,
The old me, has died,
Everything is black.
I run, but I still see it,
It is hard to face,
It pulls me in, bit by bit,
It takes me back, back to that place!
From the memories, I try to run,
They are destroying me slowly, not fast,
I’m growing weaker; I know they’ve won,
It haunts me, my past.
The sadness, it has brought,
I feel the guilt,
I can feel the inside rot,
The darkness inside me, it built.
I feel so insane,
These words are my last,
Darkness has won, my tears fall like rain,
I can’t run anymore, it has won, my past.
My past has won,
I’m sure this is true,
The damage is done,
My heart, darkness controls it too.
I’m leaving now,
You may not want to see,
You might not want to know how,
Today is the death of me.
Thanks for being here,
Goodbye, it’s time, I’m untied,
I have no fear,
It’s time that I died.
Ocean Myranda's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Dark Secret by Ocean Myranda )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Percy Bysshe Shelley
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- A Red, Red Rose, Robert Burns
- A Fond Kiss, Robert Burns
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- To A Mouse, Robert Burns
- A Man's a Man for A' That, Robert Burns
- A Bottle And Friend, Robert Burns
- Address To A Haggis, Robert Burns
- A Winter Night, Robert Burns
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- A Homage To The Freedom Fighters Of India, Raja Basu
Poem of the Day
- Life Is A Hopscotch Game, Arno Le Roux
- A Fish in a Coloured World, Rohit Sapra
- Nature is a Beautiful Creation, Rohit Sapra
- Survivors, Tamara Mirianashvili
- Salve, Cee Bea
- Quatrain number 5, Leong Ming Loong
- Bachelorette for Life, Donal Mahoney
- Engaged, Sarah Wiltshire
- The Call Of Two Trumpets, Tony Adah
- I sleep, gajanan mishra