Darkness all around me,
I feel you, suffocate,
No one else is around my misery,
Can I give anyone the key to the gate?
No one realizes the pain,
The weakness that I feel,
The darkness swallows with vain,
My nightmares feel so real.
The shadows that hide,
The tears I hold back,
The old me, has died,
Everything is black.
I run, but I still see it,
It is hard to face,
It pulls me in, bit by bit,
It takes me back, back to that place!
From the memories, I try to run,
They are destroying me slowly, not fast,
I’m growing weaker; I know they’ve won,
It haunts me, my past.
The sadness, it has brought,
I feel the guilt,
I can feel the inside rot,
The darkness inside me, it built.
I feel so insane,
These words are my last,
Darkness has won, my tears fall like rain,
I can’t run anymore, it has won, my past.
My past has won,
I’m sure this is true,
The damage is done,
My heart, darkness controls it too.
I’m leaving now,
You may not want to see,
You might not want to know how,
Today is the death of me.
Thanks for being here,
Goodbye, it’s time, I’m untied,
I have no fear,
It’s time that I died.
Ocean Myranda's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Dark Secret by Ocean Myranda )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(22 March 1941 -)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
Percy Bysshe Shelley
(August 19, 1902 – May 19, 1971)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Rainer Maria Rilke
(4 December 1875 – 29 December 1926)
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- The Solitary Reaper, William Wordsworth
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
Poem of the Day
- Εntity, Elena Ioannou
- Resent therefore, hasmukh amathalal
- Colour, novoti gcisakazi Calpurnia j ..
- Not feasible, hasmukh amathalal
- The heart, Leong Ming Loong
- Not shy away, hasmukh amathalal
- Time, novoti gcisakazi Calpurnia j ..
- who, Cee Bea
- Give and Take, Md. Ziaul Haque
- She has Fallen Ill, Md. Ziaul Haque