Darkness all around me,
I feel you, suffocate,
No one else is around my misery,
Can I give anyone the key to the gate?
No one realizes the pain,
The weakness that I feel,
The darkness swallows with vain,
My nightmares feel so real.
The shadows that hide,
The tears I hold back,
The old me, has died,
Everything is black.
I run, but I still see it,
It is hard to face,
It pulls me in, bit by bit,
It takes me back, back to that place!
From the memories, I try to run,
They are destroying me slowly, not fast,
I’m growing weaker; I know they’ve won,
It haunts me, my past.
The sadness, it has brought,
I feel the guilt,
I can feel the inside rot,
The darkness inside me, it built.
I feel so insane,
These words are my last,
Darkness has won, my tears fall like rain,
I can’t run anymore, it has won, my past.
My past has won,
I’m sure this is true,
The damage is done,
My heart, darkness controls it too.
I’m leaving now,
You may not want to see,
You might not want to know how,
Today is the death of me.
Thanks for being here,
Goodbye, it’s time, I’m untied,
I have no fear,
It’s time that I died.
Ocean Myranda's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Dark Secret by Ocean Myranda )
- Love is a Liquid ~~~ vs.72, Mr. Nobody
- Lovers are Poets and Poets are Lovers, Mr. Nobody
- I dont have to but I love you Blues Song, Dimitri Jagodinski
- Mulder, John Carlos
- I am here to help you, gajanan mishra
- Father, gajanan mishra
- Within The Forest, Brianna SaurusRex
- The Beatles in Auckland, michael walker
- Gandhi, gajanan mishra
- Keep Up, Lawrence S. Pertillar
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
William Cullen Bryant
(November 3, 1794 – June 12, 1878)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
- Heather Burns