krishnakumar chandrasekar nair
Goodbye Dear Thirteen and Welcome Dear Fourteen........
Pink with joy and so much hope
You were born at midnight last december
And all through the following months and seasons
You gave me so much; bitter and sweet to remember
Now grey haggard old lady as you downstairs descend
I can't help but offer you the warmest of tears
Watching you turn and then disappear around the bend
As the world waits with baited breath to say cheers
Cheers that come with new celebrations and bells
A new fragrance, new colours and joyful yells
As baby 2014 is born sparkling in the womb of time
A another year of promise that yours and also mine.....
(wishing all my poet friends a very happy poetic and prosperous new year)
krishnakumar chandrasekar nair's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Goodbye Dear Thirteen and Welcome Dear Fourteen........ by krishnakumar chandrasekar nair )
Did you read them?
- Qytetit tim, skender iljaz braka
- While my eyes delight at you, Melikhaya Zagagana
- Celestial String of Pearls, Harley White
- Feeling, Anne Rub.
- Lost amid his Laughter, Aftab Alam
- DIFFERENT VOICES AND SOUNDS ANYTIME AND .., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- COPLA 93 INVOCATION: This Bad Guy World, T (no first name) Wignesan
- Fake Love, Anne Rub.
- DIFFERENT VOICES AND SOUNDS ANYTIME, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- DIFFERENT VOICES AND SOUNDS, MOHAMMAD SKATI