James Jarrett Poems
- A Poem For Carol Sometimes I wonder in the dark still of ...
- A Field Of Ash In The Dark She comes to me in my dreams A ...
- Nightshade Softly, ever softly, whisper thou my name o' ...
- Sailing Into Darkness I was but a child When she faded
- Betrayal Her whispered words fall silently to the floor
- Fallen The blows of time ...
- Bird On The Wing I stand 'neath wintered sky And mock by ...
Currently an artist living in California. Poetry is my sideline. I like to write about anything that comes to mind. more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
A Poem For Carol
Sometimes I wonder in the dark still of night
About you laying cold and white
In sleeps repose, gowned yet dead
A shroud of pills about your head
Your debt to asclepius surely paid
Upon that bed so neatly made
You asked of me a simple task
Not much at all to really ask
Not money nor power, not even wine
Just a moment of my time
To read you a poem
I wonder sometimes in dark the still of night
If I had read you the poem
would it have mattered
Dedicated to Carol who kept shop at the withlapoka community store