Gasping for Breath
Walking down the trail,
Snow falling, freezing the world.
I can see my breath,
It's being taken from me.
I see the crystal pond,
But it's somehow changed.
It's black as night and icy cool,
Walking in, I know my end.
My soul begins to scream,
I begin to cry.
I'm going in and drowning,
Trapped under the icecap.
I'm gasping for breath,
But I can't catch it.
I'm beginning to drown,
I'm gasping for one last breath.
Natasha Foster's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Gasping for Breath by Natasha Foster )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Finger's Moving - A.S.L - Fresh cut dais.., sEaN nOrTh
- COPLA 70 INVOCATION: This Bad Guy World, T (no first name) Wignesan
- The Ragged Men As Ph.D. Guides On Indian.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- The Fraud Scholar & The Ragged Ph.D. Gui.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Shadow & Raven Haiku, Chenou Liu
- I Will Bake a Cake, Chris Zachariou
- Frosted Torrents, Mishka Allport
- Opinion Vs Opinion, Kyle Schlicher
- Sunlight Crawling, Kyle Schlicher
- Experiment with Flute!, Geetha Jayakumar