Gasping for Breath
Walking down the trail,
Snow falling, freezing the world.
I can see my breath,
It's being taken from me.
I see the crystal pond,
But it's somehow changed.
It's black as night and icy cool,
Walking in, I know my end.
My soul begins to scream,
I begin to cry.
I'm going in and drowning,
Trapped under the icecap.
I'm gasping for breath,
But I can't catch it.
I'm beginning to drown,
I'm gasping for one last breath.
Natasha Foster's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Gasping for Breath by Natasha Foster )
- A City Called Nirvana, Akujuobi Chijioke
- Dragon Kite Tanka, Chenou Liu
- Butterfly Kite Haiku, Chenou Liu
- Nightmares With No End, Lilly Emery
- The source of our pains and our sufferin.., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- The source of our pains and our pains an.., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Comfort Of Our Dreams, David Harris
- Intellectual Designs, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Cold Night In Silence, Lilly Emery
- Knit in Infinity, Lisa Bertsch