They were only ten when they were taken,
In a new home the did awaken.
Held for four years, he escaped,
Four more years, her heart ached.
Then one night, she returned,
It was the doctors who confirmed
She had come home,
She was free to roam.
She was questioned to the point of breaking,
In their minds, memories were wakening.
He tried to protect her but he failed,
Not till the end had he prevailed.
Now they're safe and sound,
To each other they are bound.
Someday when they are deceased,
May the Lord let them rest in peace.
Natasha Foster's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Cult by Natasha Foster )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- The Three Kings, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Christmas Trees, Robert Frost
- Tazkera–e-bewafa …………, shaik sahal
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
Poem of the Day
- Hymn To Morning, Naveed Khalid
- A NIGHT OF INCANTATIONS, Bayo Adebowale
- A Walk In The Woods, Michael Webb
- A Song Of Joys, Walt Whitman
- Fließendes Grün, Floy Dy (Floyd) Ra (Floydson)
- Release yourself, Elena Ioannou
- BETCHE SAID PATIENCE, ANTHONY KIRUI
- Crazy Thing, Leah Ayliffe
- A Thought A Head, Ima Ryma
- **कधी कधी **, Lyrics Swapnild Chatge