For something I must have looked,
Searched all these years,
Through all my smiles.
Through my each tear.
And here now you stand,
With cruelty in your eyes,
All the promises undone,
Every one of them lies.
All the love discarded,
Thrown to feed the fire,
Of your keen lust,
And unfazed desire.
Had I seek this,
This destroyer of my rosy dreams,
But it seems I have,
‘Cause all my dreams lie broken in a giant heap.
Someday when I am old,
It will all be a memory,
Bitter yet manageable,
Painful yet in a distance.
But that day is too far,
Pieces of my heart,
Are sealed tight in strong rib jar.
I can’t mend it,
But I can survive,
Feeling the pain, the numbness,
A reminder that I am alive…………….
Lucifera Santez's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Futile Hunt by Lucifera Santez )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Rain Colors, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- THE BEATLES' MEDICAL PROBLEMS, Richard Thripp
- The black color, hasmukh amathalal
- Inner Wastelands, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Wildly Spinning Dirt Clod, Monk E. Biz
- Moon -haiku, Dr PJ Raj Kamal
- The Right Time, Sandra Feldman
- Forces at Play, Liilia Talts Morrison
- A Kind of Vertigo, douglas scotney
- Sacaificed, Tony Ford