Mohabeer Beeharry Poems
- He Was Born Free He was born free a long time ago When his ...
- The Flower Of Your Heart I brought a flower to him. The wise...
- A Touch Of Light Let us for a moment Dare to hold our books ...
- A Place For You To Rest I cannot stop cursing myself For not...
- Which Side Of The Mirror? I wonder what game we are playing ...
- I Celebrate I celebrate the cosmos with its ...
- Dream Is Only Dream At the top of a tree There was the last ...
I was born in Mauritius in 1937. I am married and have two children, one son and one daughter and two granddaughters. In 1964 I came to London to study law. I studied at the Lincoln's Inn. I also did B.ed(hons) . I love writing poems, mostly on philosophical and spiritual themes. Most of my poems come from intuitions obtained in meditation. I do not demand a lot from life. I am very satisfied with what I have. However it breaks my heart to see so much of blood shed and hypocrisy around the world. There is hardly any knowing who to trust. Still I love this humanity. There may be a little fire or storm going on here and there. But humanity is a glorious state of being.
God bless this ... more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
He Was Born Free
He was born free a long time ago
When his mind and body were young.
He loved the village lanes
And the busy market towns.
He loved the river walks, the trees and the wild lakes,
The secret haunts of the mountains.
There he created dreams and destroyed them in thousands.
There it was where his dreams grew wings;
Like the frolicsome morning shadows,
He raced the breeze to the foot of the hills.
He flew to the gilt land of moonbeams
And bathed in the mellow lakes of sunshine.
There he rode the fast wind horses to the clouds,
Free from prejudices and ...