Mohabeer Beeharry Poems
- A Touch Of Light Let us for a moment Dare to hold our books ...
- Truth Who knows what truth is? Do you? Do I know? I ...
- The Flower Of Your Heart I brought a flower to him. The wise...
- He Was Born Free He was born free a long time ago When his ...
- Which Side Of The Mirror? I wonder what game we are playing ...
- A Place For You To Rest I cannot stop cursing myself For not...
- Dream Is Only Dream At the top of a tree There was the last ...
I was born in Mauritius in 1937. I am married and have two children, one son and one daughter and two granddaughters. In 1964 I came to London to study law. I studied at the Lincoln's Inn. I also did B.ed(hons) . I love writing poems, mostly on philosophical and spiritual themes. Most of my poems come from intuitions obtained in meditation. I do not demand a lot from life. I am very satisfied ... more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
A Touch Of Light
Let us for a moment
Dare to hold our books to our hearts,
Invoking some sincerity.
Their wisdom is timeless
Made to lighten our way
On the path of life.
For life is not merely
A means to glorify our needs and our greed.
But a way, a chance to evolve,
Perchance to see the reality we came from
And in time we go back to.
The messages in there are
Shoulders to cry on,
Sticks to lean on,
Water to cool our dry throats
And shelters at night
When gripped by fear of death.
They teach love,
We understand hatred
They teach truth and ...