Whenever I used to cry,
As I seldom did,
You would still wipe my tears,
And say stop it please.
If ever someone broke my heart,
You would curse him with me,
And say afterwards,
Lets study geometry.
We used to share lunches,
And make fun of girls,
Who thought themselves diva,
Well that mostly I did,
But you would tell them back,
If their hair looked like an old potato sack,
We were always polite to others,
(on the face) never saying hello………………
We shared a world, a dream,
Sometimes even the brands of soap,
You never had any interest
(except time or two)
In a guy and his fall………………
Ah dear friend,
The sister of my heart,
We were a daring team from the very start,
We never got caught while talking in class,
But paid dearly the time,
Even when we didn’t break the flask,
Got thrown out from a class or two,
Remember the time we misplaced our shoes………………
Not rhyming, just sentences strung,
These memories from the tip of my pen,
While ending this now, it comes to mind,
Wasn’t it I who taught you to say no,
Stop being too kind? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Friend by Lucifera Santez )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- change, Ashutosh ramnarayan Prasad K ..
- khuda, Ashutosh ramnarayan Prasad K ..
- lachari, Ashutosh ramnarayan Prasad K ..
- flower, Ashutosh ramnarayan Prasad K ..
- hasrat, Ashutosh ramnarayan Prasad K ..
- moti, Ashutosh ramnarayan Prasad K ..
- Real Help, Edgar Albert Guest
- Onverflauwd groen en blauw-wit, Madrason writer
- गुलाब और सूरज, Ashutosh ramnarayan Prasad K ..
- misfortune, oskar hansen