With you I know, you'd fulfill my life.
I want to be bound to you, my wife.
Bound to each other, you can have my heart.
If you need, I'll be wherever you are.
I look up at the stars, because they brighten my night.
These pages are full, yet I continue to write.
When you leave, it hurts because we're apart.
If I break again, I'll have a stone, where I once had a heart.
Born into a world full of idiots in disguise,
It's true but we're just trying to get by.
We're not cats, no we don't have nine lives,
I guess everything's worth a try.
Falling for the people with starry eyes,
Fighting all the half true lies.
I don't know where I'd be if you wasn't there,
you're someone special no-one else can compare.
I apoligise for this unbaring delay,
as I write you the sweetest love letter essay.
These mirrors never show you what's on the inside,
I see the perfection, something you can't deny.
Slowly you unwound the bandage,
that hid my life of unhealable damage,
This feeling you give me, it makes me feel brave,
like I'm the only one that you'd ever save.
Because with you, I know I don't have to pretend,
I love you a lot more than I could ever love a friend.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
28 April 2013
Comments about this poem (Five, X by Jennie Supermad )
- Shadow of Death, Tosin Abegunde
- Graceful ghost rag, Peter Jay Shippy
- The State-Progress Of Ill, Lord Edward Herbert of Cherb ..
- On the perilous effects of buried alien .., Peter Jay Shippy
- To Heal a Weakling Child, Peter Jay Shippy
- Reading Rilke's Sonnets to Children, Peter Jay Shippy
- Sonnet on the Author's Birthday, Robert Burns
- Promises, Ahmed Tawfik
- Lost, Ahmed Tawfik
- Egghead, Peter Jay Shippy
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- Heather Burns
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(20 October 1854 – 10 November 1891)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)