With you I know, you'd fulfill my life.
I want to be bound to you, my wife.
Bound to each other, you can have my heart.
If you need, I'll be wherever you are.
I look up at the stars, because they brighten my night.
These pages are full, yet I continue to write.
When you leave, it hurts because we're apart.
If I break again, I'll have a stone, where I once had a heart.
Born into a world full of idiots in disguise,
It's true but we're just trying to get by.
We're not cats, no we don't have nine lives,
I guess everything's worth a try.
Falling for the people with starry eyes,
Fighting all the half true lies.
I don't know where I'd be if you wasn't there,
you're someone special no-one else can compare.
I apoligise for this unbaring delay,
as I write you the sweetest love letter essay.
These mirrors never show you what's on the inside,
I see the perfection, something you can't deny.
Slowly you unwound the bandage,
that hid my life of unhealable damage,
This feeling you give me, it makes me feel brave,
like I'm the only one that you'd ever save.
Because with you, I know I don't have to pretend,
I love you a lot more than I could ever love a friend.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
28 April 2013
Comments about this poem (Five, X by Jennie Supermad )
- For My Love, Saturday Chikezie Promise
- On pins and needles, gajanan mishra
- Soul's Poetry, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Images Of Thought, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- لماذا, ala rhmn
- Down below, GRANT FRASER
- لماذا, ala rhmn
- Branches Reaching, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- WHY, ala rhmn
- Pabsdorf's Regnen: Dawn of the Summer, Dozie Wogu
Poem of the Day
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Morning, Paul Laurence Dunbar
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Prayer Before Birth, Louis Macneice
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(15 April 1958)
- Heather Burns
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)