I'm counting the days 'till I can hold you again,
as I think about how your hands fit perfectly, as I held them.
I need to have faith, that things will turn out just fine,
It's not like this is a bad thing, though we do make the perfect crime.
I just can't help but think, if it's me you think about all the time,
My heart sinks, when I hear from you &my words stutter as I get shy.
I can't tell you that I think of you everyday, or,
this right here, is what i've been praying for.
If you read the words I write,
you will understand that I just might..
Come back for you, because you're my light,
you're the reason I stay up all night.
I hope &pray that things turn out all right,
because now I'm strong enough to fight.
Back then I was weak, I didn't tell you enough.
That I'd fell for you, my only true love.
I promise you, with my last breath
I wont share our song.
I'll cater to you, &only you,
because I've loved you all along.
By Jennie Gosden
28 April 2013
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Only You by Jennie Supermad )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
Mewlana Jalaluddin Rumi
(1207 - 1273)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(22 March 1941 -)
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- A Smile To Remember, Charles Bukowski
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- Winter Solstice, Jacqueline C Nash
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Christmas Trees, Robert Frost
Poem of the Day
- Anonymous Girl, Michael P. McParland
- An Unbreakable Bond, Michael P. McParland
- An Awesome Friend (For Electric Lady), Michael P. McParland
- Am I?, Michael P. McParland
- Always Yours, Michael P. McParland
- Always You, Michael P. McParland
- Always Thinking Of You, Michael P. McParland
- Always, Michael P. McParland
- All The Love We Hide, Michael P. McParland
- Flummoxed, douglas scotney