I love you because you distract me from reality,
you take me away somewhere we can be free.
Somewhere, where there's only you & me,
Somewhere far, a place only we can be.
When I hear your voice, I feel my heart skip a beat.
Making it a little harder for me to breathe.
Maybe in time,
you will agree.
That I was made for you,
& you were made for me..
I don't know why, but this time I believe,
that I wont run away, from you I'll never leave.
I never thought that something like this would be,
eating away my past, making me see reality.
You've given me hope, some self esteem.
Makes me feel stronger, like I'm supreme.
The smile on your face is warming me
like the rays of a sun beam,
I still fear one day I'll wake up,
& this will all just be a dream.
You make my knees weak, but at the same time I feel strong.
Like this is somewhere, I know I belong.
That no matter what I do, it will never feel wrong.
I'm hoping this lasts, like an endless beat in a song.
By Jennie Gosden
28 April 2013
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Three, x by Jennie Supermad )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(August 8, 1884 – January 29, 1933)
Harivansh Rai Bachchan
(27 November 1907 – 18 January 2003)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(13-7-31 (see reverse))
- (Adi Sankara) 07 Sankara's works, Rajaram Ramachandran
- (Adi Sankara) 06 A Guru was found, Rajaram Ramachandran
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- I Am the Only Being Whose Doom, Emily Jane Brontë
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
Poem of the Day
- Life Begins Again, Md. Ziaul Haque
- A Good Soul, Md. Ziaul Haque
- Best Wishes My Love, Valentine Mbagu
- Relativity And Love, Sambanath Denis
- 2014, Joseph Archer
- For violating state law, Cyndi K. Gacosta
- De optelsom van al het Kwaad, Madrason writer
- Summer, Jordy lustig
- Once More, Ahmad Husain
- The Cry Of The Shadow, Bazi alis Subrata Ray