I love you because you distract me from reality,
you take me away somewhere we can be free.
Somewhere, where there's only you & me,
Somewhere far, a place only we can be.
When I hear your voice, I feel my heart skip a beat.
Making it a little harder for me to breathe.
Maybe in time,
you will agree.
That I was made for you,
& you were made for me..
I don't know why, but this time I believe,
that I wont run away, from you I'll never leave.
I never thought that something like this would be,
eating away my past, making me see reality.
You've given me hope, some self esteem.
Makes me feel stronger, like I'm supreme.
The smile on your face is warming me
like the rays of a sun beam,
I still fear one day I'll wake up,
& this will all just be a dream.
You make my knees weak, but at the same time I feel strong.
Like this is somewhere, I know I belong.
That no matter what I do, it will never feel wrong.
I'm hoping this lasts, like an endless beat in a song.
By Jennie Gosden
28 April 2013
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Three, x by Jennie Supermad )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- A Sound Advice, Edward Kofi Louis
- A WOMAN OF NO FREEDOM FOR CONSCIENCE, alexander opicho
- The Fountain Of Youth, Jim Yerman
- 'Golden-Boy', Edward Kofi Louis
- After The Rain, Ronald Chapman
- अराय सैथो, Bahadur Basumatary
- Having Premarital Sex, Edward Kofi Louis
- Vision of India, Laxman Rao
- Under The Big Oak Tree, Edward Kofi Louis
- As You Came Along, Edward Kofi Louis