When I was little,
I thought that I knew what fear was.
I thought fear was me being afraid to be alone.
I thought it meant feeling insecure in my surroundings,
And I thought, it was my dislike for darkness.
Now I understand.
Fear; it isn't because of
One has nothing to fear.
Fright is just an emotional sentiment.
The only thing to fear, however,
Is fear, itself.
Cassandra Jasmine's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Fear by Cassandra Jasmine )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- To the Apple Green, Peach Blossomed Skie.., mary douglas
- Qoute # 5, Is It Poetry
- The Impolite Proprietress, Terence G. Craddock
- Love, Melissa K Vigna
- It's Over, Melissa K Vigna
- The Rider, Melissa K Vigna
- Party, Melissa K Vigna
- Wonderland, Melissa K Vigna
- Paranoid, Melissa K Vigna
- The Devil, Melissa K Vigna