When I was little,
I thought that I knew what fear was.
I thought fear was me being afraid to be alone.
I thought it meant feeling insecure in my surroundings,
And I thought, it was my dislike for darkness.
Now I understand.
Fear; it isn't because of
One has nothing to fear.
Fright is just an emotional sentiment.
The only thing to fear, however,
Is fear, itself.
Cassandra Jasmine's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Fear by Cassandra Jasmine )
- baby girl, michael crowley
- Love Poetry, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Fighting for nothing, Nassy Fesharaki
- Immigration - Another View, James B. Earley
- KP You Are Divine To Me, Michael McParland
- lover boy, michael crowley
- Pinkish lips, Nassy Fesharaki
- The heiress to my poetry...., PARTHA SARATHI PAUL
- Black Autism in America (B.A. in America), Lisa Rhodes
- Pond Frond, Saiom Shriver
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Heather Burns
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(24 January 1572 - 31 March 1631)