Ace Of Black Hearts
Exactly How I Feel
I wish I could say I am better then everybody else.
But yes, but yes even I make mistakes that cause hearts to ache.
Nobody immune to love, or hate.
They are the one and the same.
Just one extreme emotion to the next.
It's not really that complex.
But you are the greatest guy, you could never hurt a woman.
That is just not so, physically I couldn't but mentally when you love someone, words just come spilling out.
Like a fountain forever flowing.
Never knowing how to shut it off.
The more angry, the more ugly it gets.
The words cut so deep.
Releasing every ounce of poison put in me.
Yes I'm horrible, yes it is not honorable.
I never said I was perfect.
I'm just as human.
I'm just as vulnerable.
The difference is people seem to think I'm stronger, I'm somehow nicer then they are.
That isn't necessarily so.
A weakness under a shroud, doesn't mean they are that far off par.
Disperse my feelings in a jar.
Bottled up, and hushed.
Please be quiet people want you to be something you are not.
I'm sorry that is not how it works.
I will not be silent and swallow a bunch of happy pills.
I will tell you exactly how I feel.
It is how you know I'm real.
Ace Of Black Hearts's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Exactly How I Feel by Ace Of Black Hearts )
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Rainer Maria Rilke
(4 December 1875 – 29 December 1926)
Mewlana Jalaluddin Rumi
(1207 - 1273)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
Edna St. Vincent Millay
(22 February 1892 – 19 October 1950)
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Inspiration, Henry David Thoreau
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
Poem of the Day
- Kira My Love, Michael P. McParland
- Full Understanding, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Devil Does Find My Need, Adeosun Olamide
- Peterborough Cry, Moses Samandar
- Take Care, Milady, Lawrence Beck
- Topics And Themes, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Getting Something Wanted, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- God Provides, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- People Think They Can Be Saved, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Your Work, Vera Sidhwa