'Eagles Top The Trees'
Demanding all life's little things, indeed you've done without.
Now settle in your aches and pains, the mountain's climbed no doubt.
Through 'Trudge, ' the beast that wears upon, all aspects of you there.
Is shown how you of life are fond, and how you truely care.
It's nice and flat, out sprawled and still. A sip so sweet the breeze.
And time to recognize such things like 'Eagles Top the Trees.'
You'll walk instead the drive to toil and listen more intent.
Here oldest friends forget about clear debts of treasures lent.
And when these nice things focus, tightly grip the subtleties
and see if you can just make out - the 'Eagles Top the Trees.'
How rare it was in times before that we would stop to mind,
A child at play, the land's allure, the nestings you would find.
Now's not the same while trite be tucked away without the keys.
No; now we watch for loving things like 'Eagles Top the Trees.'
Somehow I feel this 'message you, ' our plan be incomplete.
And I should lift and raise you to my pleasure to repeat.
Relax my child, enjoy your day and sip the sweetest breeze.
And gaze with me til dawn be gone, These 'Eagles Top the Trees.'
Thomas Adams's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
The Poetaster Aug/1997
Comments about this poem ('Eagles Top The Trees' by Thomas Adams )
- Dangerous Curiosity, Md. Ziaul Haque
- To My First Love, Naveed Khalid
- She, Naveed Khalid
- Healing Woman, Md. Ziaul Haque
- mithilak varnan, sushant jha
- Separation is Bliss Sometimes, Md. Ziaul Haque
- An Epitaph, Naveed Khalid
- Post-postmodern Love, Md. Ziaul Haque
- To You... My Precious being, Niken Kusuma Wardani
- Who can Love You More than Me?, Md. Ziaul Haque
Poem of the Day
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Stars, Joyce Kilmer
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Mid-Term Break, Seamus Heaney
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
(April 13,1939 - August 30, 2013)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(24 January 1572 - 31 March 1631)