'Eagles Top The Trees'
Demanding all life's little things, indeed you've done without.
Now settle in your aches and pains, the mountain's climbed no doubt.
Through 'Trudge, ' the beast that wears upon, all aspects of you there.
Is shown how you of life are fond, and how you truely care.
It's nice and flat, out sprawled and still. A sip so sweet the breeze.
And time to recognize such things like 'Eagles Top the Trees.'
You'll walk instead the drive to toil and listen more intent.
Here oldest friends forget about clear debts of treasures lent.
And when these nice things focus, tightly grip the subtleties
and see if you can just make out - the 'Eagles Top the Trees.'
How rare it was in times before that we would stop to mind,
A child at play, the land's allure, the nestings you would find.
Now's not the same while trite be tucked away without the keys.
No; now we watch for loving things like 'Eagles Top the Trees.'
Somehow I feel this 'message you, ' our plan be incomplete.
And I should lift and raise you to my pleasure to repeat.
Relax my child, enjoy your day and sip the sweetest breeze.
And gaze with me til dawn be gone, These 'Eagles Top the Trees.'
Thomas Adams's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
The Poetaster Aug/1997
Comments about this poem ('Eagles Top The Trees' by Thomas Adams )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
(1 January 1903 - 13 March 1976)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Stafford's Cabin, Edwin Arlington Robinson
- Talking Turkeys!, Benjamin Zephaniah
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Christmas Trees, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
Poem of the Day
- Untouched Flower, Edward Kofi Louis
- Let's Share, Peter S. Quinn
- Into Darkness, Suparnna Anilkumar
- Nature Is My Sanctuary, Peter S. Quinn
- Sometimes Mysteriously, Luis Omar Salinas
- The Winter Wind., Tony Adah
- Untouched Love, Edward Kofi Louis
- Early Death, Luo Zhihai
- Flying, Michael Webb
- Alone..., Luo Zhihai