'Eagles Top The Trees'
Demanding all life's little things, indeed you've done without.
Now settle in your aches and pains, the mountain's climbed no doubt.
Through 'Trudge, ' the beast that wears upon, all aspects of you there.
Is shown how you of life are fond, and how you truely care.
It's nice and flat, out sprawled and still. A sip so sweet the breeze.
And time to recognize such things like 'Eagles Top the Trees.'
You'll walk instead the drive to toil and listen more intent.
Here oldest friends forget about clear debts of treasures lent.
And when these nice things focus, tightly grip the subtleties
and see if you can just make out - the 'Eagles Top the Trees.'
How rare it was in times before that we would stop to mind,
A child at play, the land's allure, the nestings you would find.
Now's not the same while trite be tucked away without the keys.
No; now we watch for loving things like 'Eagles Top the Trees.'
Somehow I feel this 'message you, ' our plan be incomplete.
And I should lift and raise you to my pleasure to repeat.
Relax my child, enjoy your day and sip the sweetest breeze.
And gaze with me til dawn be gone, These 'Eagles Top the Trees.'
Thomas Adams's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
The Poetaster Aug/1997
Comments about this poem ('Eagles Top The Trees' by Thomas Adams )
- Intimate Conclusions, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- COPLA 107 RESOLUTION: This Bad Guy World, T (no first name) Wignesan
- In This Sin-Sick-World, Edward Kofi Louis
- HOLY MESSENGERS, Justice Uchenna Mmahi
- Specialist, Edward Kofi Louis
- verse, oskar hansen
- No Joy, Edward Kofi Louis
- Showing Kindness To All Mankind, Edward Kofi Louis
- 'We Live in Times of Deep Regrets', Elizabeth Padillo Olesen
- This is my life, this is only mine,, Aftab Alam