When you kill its murder.
When I kill its a mistake.
Your love is rape.
My love is soul worship.
Your kiss is the whiff of death.
Mine is the elixir or eternity.
You are the devil incarnate, your intentions.
I am the Holy Ghost, my intentions.
I know I am you, you are me,
Yet you are you and I am I
You replace I and I replace you
The twins of lies born from a past
Bursting through the womb, midnights twists and sighs.
Hardik Vaidya's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Double Standards by Hardik Vaidya )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
Harivansh Rai Bachchan
(27 November 1907 – 18 January 2003)
- Christmas Trees, Robert Frost
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- A Life-Lesson, James Whitcomb Riley
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Saddest Poem, Pablo Neruda
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Leisure, William Henry Davies
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- Dreams, Langston Hughes