Don't Say Hello
I ask you this, it may seem harsh
But it's something I truly know
For one thing I ask you never to do
I beg you don't say hello.
Don't say to me hi or how do you do
Or even a simple good day
Please trust me on this it's nothing personal
There really is no other way.
When those that I love say to me hello
A big smile grows on my face
And a feeling of warmth fills me up complete
In my heart there's no longer a space.
Yet in the end my heart does break
After all hellos are said
For afterwards they walk out the door
My happiness becomes dead.
Although a hello from you will make
My happiness soar real high
I know that after every hello
There is always a tragic goodbye.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Don't Say Hello by Genevieve Pilat )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Bonus post, Mae AC.
- My Left Hand, Kyle Schlicher
- The Mad Scientist Writing, Kyle Schlicher
- Right or Wrong, Nasarudheen.P. Parameswaran
- A Real Friend, Margaret Moran
- you're a vessel i want live on twelve mo.., Mandolyn ...
- Riff on Bruce's Post Card Love Affairs, David McLansky
- Eternal Thirst, Lora Colon
- When I look at you, DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
- Formalities Not Necessary, Margaret Moran