Little King of Sorrows
United states of our Disgrace.
Batons of injustice bruise our face.
U.S. citizens blind sided by mace.
Tyranny absorbs our sovereign race.
Since 9-11, I can't replace,
the will in me to run this race.
It's time to present the people's case.
Our selfish leaders we must replace.
The smell of evil in every rank.
They leave us stones to fight a tank.
The edge we are, we walk the plank,
my country I loved is now a skank.
I wish this truth just wasn't so.
But the American way I no longer know.
U.S.A will fade away.
In God some of us still Trust.
© 2013 L.K.Sorrows
Little King of Sorrows's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Divided States by Little King of Sorrows )
- My Mother..., Taimane Fanene
- Ignoring Seasons, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Ephemera, Ian Nicholas McDowell
- Seeing light in Darkness, Aziz Akrish
- Mother! will I not be the saffron spot o.., Dr.V.K. Kanniappan
- A Virtual Life, Sandra Feldman
- Never Ending Dreams, Lilly Emery
- My Soul's Song, Matthew Densley
- No love, Barbara Dixion
- Music Is Life, Ray Hansell
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- The Raven, Edgar Allan Poe
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)