My father, oh, my father
Do not go in silence
I feel it on your lips
Say it! Say something!
Do not disappear in dumbness
Let it go!
I am in the air in your lungs
Do not close your eyelids
Look at me!
I see myself in the waves in your eyes
Delay your absence
Look at me and hold me
Like the shadow in your wings
Fatima Nusairat's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Dear father by Fatima Nusairat )
- The Troika's Gone, sasha yarlexolnikov
- I Am as Dull as Everyday, Sara Fielder
- Vendémiaire Wednesdays, sasha yarlexolnikov
- Incandescent Drapes, sasha yarlexolnikov
- Stronghold: Macchu Picchu, Brandt Nightingale
- Friends, sasha yarlexolnikov
- Yes/No, Morgan Michaels
- Chibok Blues, Tony Adah
- Staged Fright, Luke J. Holt
- The Wall of Water Falls, Brandt Nightingale