krishnakumar chandrasekar nair (1964 and doing pretty good.. / Thiruvalla, Kerala)
Dead puppy - wailing bitch
On the hot tarmac the bloody puppy lies
A bitch wails sky ward on the side walk
Looking nowhere in particular
Having understood in an instant life well
Having understood death also very well
And those who don't understand both
Go dispassionately over the limp body
Hot tires with belching black sooty exhausts
And drivers too 'human', to slow down or stop
Or maybe too 'human', to even feel the slight bump.....
Poet Other Poems
- A Cyber Potato's Life
- A love affair that never was....
- A poets funeral
- After you stopped talking to me....
- An atheists humble prayer
- And I remember that night........
- Annual Assessment Report......
- Big bash weddings
- Cancer ward Trivandrum
- Convicted politicians poem (for corrupti...
- Dead puppy - wailing bitch
- Dear Mother......
- Death In Harness
- Election Time
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.