krishnakumar chandrasekar nair
Master blaster - Sachin Tendulkar
Why do galleries often roar
When the master blaster comes to bat?
Why do hairs stand end on end
At every ball he so gallantly whacks?
As the bowler pitches high or low
He bends and tames every delivery
With his bat to swing and show
Almost every ball to the far boundary
Fours and Sixes and runs in-between
In raptures we burst and scream
For when the master blaster is at the pitch
Runs seemingly gather without a hitch
Many a time it has been often said
When the nation waited with baited breath
He fought gallantly and narrowly prevented
What would have been our teams premature death
The master blaster of the shimmering greens
He now regally walks into history’ s page
And his legendary bat, the stuff of dreams
Will finally rest afters years of batting rage....
Fare ye well, Sachin, master of the pitch
You leave behind a legacy very rich
That future Indians sportsmen can inspire
To win emulating your past passion and fire.....
krishnakumar chandrasekar nair's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Master blaster - Sachin Tendulkar by krishnakumar chandrasekar nair )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- Battle of our own life, binod bastola
- Before you've brushed your teeth, Mark Heathcote
- Arrival, Tony Adah
- Nigeria I Hail Thee, Tega Akpomraphiphe
- Her Smile, Tega Akpomraphiphe
- ©Getting Over You, Bandile Matsenjwa
- Lost and Found (one f word at the end), Anthony Di'anno
- raining in scotland, ko the skipper
- THE BLACK MAN WITH A KNIFE, johnny case
- I don't know if I know me, Logan Fulk